Head of Science
22 days remaining to apply
Start date details
Starting September 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Sciencejobs
+ TLR 1A
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
- To be an exceptional teacher of Science.
- Provide exceptional high-quality leadership and act as a lead practitioner in all aspects of the role.
- To ensure the best use of allocated INSET and curriculum area time to improve teaching and learning by linking it with the strategic needs of the school.
- To ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality teaching and learning across the curriculum area.
- To ensure robust and effective assessment takes place across the curriculum area which accurately reflects student progress and clearly informs students how to make further progress in their learning.
You are likely to be someone who:
- Holds Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and has a degree or equivalent.
- Is flexible, able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Has a track-record of exceptional classroom teaching with an acute understanding of effective pedagogy.
- Can demonstrate a commitment to and knowledge/experience of effective strategies to maintain and raise attainment, in particular to address the differing needs which exist in the mixed ability classroom, which include second language learners.
- Has significant experience of improving outcomes for students with SEND or disadvantage.
- Has a commitment to the aims and values of comprehensive education, the school’s vision and ethos, as well as the implementation of equal opportunities policy and practice.
What the school offers its staff
Wadham School can offer you:
- The chance to be a part of an exciting educational journey alongside highly regarding professionals
- The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues and wonderful young people and their families.
- Strong and supportive leadership, who place value on learning beyond the classroom.
- The opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful areas of Southern England.
- Fulfilment, in knowing that you matter, and the work you do makes a positive difference to the lives you touch.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Wadham School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 466 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Wadham School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Are you looking to work in a Good school (Ofsted, June 2019) with a community working together for the best possible outcomes for young people? Wadham School is friendly, vibrant and forward looking. It is an exciting time at Wadham School. We strive to be a school which uses an evidence based approach to teaching and an ethos and drive for the school to be much more than just learning in lessons. A varied programme of extra-curricular activities and house competitions provides an exciting opportunity for staff to be involved in the wider school community. At our core is an aim, through everything that we do, to develop a sense of hope, a hope which will encourage and support students in becoming the best that they can be. The school serves a beautiful area of South Somerset with excellent links to the wider South West, Bristol and Bath and direct train links to London from Crewkerne itself and Taunton. If the above gives you a picture of a community that you would be excited to be part of then the students and staff at Wadham School invite your application and would love to meet you.
Arranging a visit to Wadham School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Somerset, Bath and Bristol