- Job role
- Social sciences
- Working pattern
- Term time
- Contract type
- MPS/ UPS
A rare opportunity has arisen to form and lead a new department within the Sixth Form of our growing school, situated in the heart of Solihull. We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic professional who can inspire students and provide dynamic leadership for a small team of dedicated and skilled teachers in the delivery of A Level Psychology, Sociology and Criminology. For the ambitious leader, there may be the opportunity to grow the department into GCSE, enabling the prospect of progression for both students and colleagues.
We are looking for an established, or aspiring, Middle Leader who:
• has experience of delivering A Level Psychology and a willingness to deliver other social sciences
• has experience of introducing and implementing appropriate curricula and schemes of work
• uses data effectively to monitor and improve the performance of learners
• has experience of stretching and challenging our most able learners
• is passionate about developing resilient, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy and passion
• shows strategic thinking and creative problem solving
• is creative and inspirational
• is an excellent communicator
• is highly emotionally literate
• can encourage, develop and improve the practice of colleagues
We are proud to offer:
• talented, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• dedicated, knowledgeable and highly motivated staff and governors
• a very successful, ambitious school, determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• a proven track record in the professional development of colleagues
• a school with a consistently low staff turnover; a result of Senior Leaders continuing commitment to supporting staff well-being and a positive work life balance
• a motivated, energising climate
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
TLR 2b (£4781)
Applying for the job
Please find attached our application form, which can also be downloaded from our website. Alternatively, contact Anna Whittington at the school by email or phone. Interested candidates are welcome to come and visit the school by arrangement.
Tel: 0121 704 2146
Closing date 9am Thursday 27th January 2022, we will be interviewing on Tuesday 1st February 2022.
Download an application form - 138 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1494 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Alderbrook School
Situated centrally in Solihull, Alderbrook is a highly successful 11-18 school in the south of the borough. In September 2015 we opened our Sixth Form which is flourishing and providing our learners with a first-rate post 16 experience. The first Year 12 cohort numbered 55 students. As of September 2020 Alderbrook boasts a Sixth Form of over 200 students.
There is no doubt that Alderbrook is acknowledged, both locally and nationally, as a high-performing school. Across the curriculum, the majority of subjects perform well above national values and achieve excellent results. In 2018 Ofsted stated “There is strong teaching in every subject area…as well as very strong practice in Mathematics”
The school enjoys a very pleasant green outlook with wonderful arts and sports facilities. We have an outstanding record for staff career and professional development opportunities which has enabled many of our colleagues to advance their careers not only at Alderbrook but further afield.
Within school we also have a bespoke additionally resourced centre for learners with Autism. Alderbrook has a strong student development department that supports mainstream SEND students. We are a comprehensive school in every meaning of the word.
Our staff work collaboratively and enjoy the support of a community atmosphere at Alderbrook and this in turn enables us to build on our strong reputation in the local community, based on our culture of ambition, bravery and kindness where happy, confident and successful learners, with a thirst for knowledge, thrive.