Required from 1 September 2024
Location: Putney, Southwest London
Salary: Ark Main 1 to Upper 3 (Inner London) £37,667-£57,313 depending on experience
TLR: TLR 1A: £9,272
Working pattern: Full time
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Year 7. You will be responsible for ensuring outstanding pastoral support for students, fostering a culture that enables all students to maximise their achievements across the spectrum of school life. You will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life.
- Have experience of pastoral leadership.
- Foster a strong sense of school community and ethos among both staff and students.
- Establish positive working relationships with parents and carers of the year group and communicate regularly with them.
- Act as a positive role model to staff and students, communicating the highest expectations of behaviour, attendance and punctuality.
- Implement and reinforce a consistent behaviour policy and system of rewards and sanctions, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, and respectful relationships.
- Be committed to Ark Putney’s ethos of high expectations.
About our school:
Ark Putney Academy opened in September 2012 as part of the Ark network in the London Borough of Wandsworth. We’re a mixed school with 885 students, ranging from year 7 through to sixth form. We adopt a holistic view to educating young people. Through our commitment to inclusion, equality and attainment, we prepare every student to be a pillar of any community.
In our 2022 Ofsted inspection we were rated ‘Good’ in every category with real strengths in teaching and learning, curriculum breadth and personal development.
- Tailored professional development based on the needs of the teacher and department to ensure everyone achieves their full potential.
- We take the wellbeing of our staff seriously as we recognise that teaching can be a challenging profession. Therefore, staff receive regular rewards and recognition for effort.
Click here to view the job description: Head of Year 7 JD.pdf
To apply please visit www.arkputney.org/vacancies
Closing date for applications is 9.00am on Friday 16 February.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 22 February.
The academy reserves the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applicants.
Find out more about us by visiting www.arkputney.org. For questions about the position or an informal discussion, please contact the Principal, Alison Downey at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any other queries regarding your application, please contact Julie Rickard, Principal’s PA at email@example.com
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. To meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants. Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click this link
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
This job post has expired.