Head of Year
Deadline is tomorrow
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
10 March 2023
- Key stage 2, Key stage 3
- View all Full timejobs - Full-time teaching contract
- MPS or UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
So, what are we looking for?
- We require a teacher with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to lead a Year Team of 150 pupils and 5 Form Tutors.
- You must demonstrate a passion for working with all types of pupils, ensuring their pastoral care is at the heart of everything you do.
- The candidate should be an outstanding classroom practitioner, have enthusiasm for their subject and be willing to teach across our full age and ability range.
- Experience of KS3 and a willingness to teach English, Geography or History across all year groups is desirable.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to try out and experiment with ideas is vital.
- Successful applicants will be committed to teamwork and extra-curricular activities.
- The ability to work as a team
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- A flexible approach to engaging learners of differing levels of ability
- Approachability and a sense of humour, alongside a professional demeanour
- The desire and ability to further their practice and professional development
What the school offers its staff
- A motivated, hard-working and supportive team of professionals to work alongside
- Friendly pupils with a passion for learning
- A strong commitment to your ongoing professional development
- A staff support package including, EAP, Bike to Work Scheme, and much more
Further details about the role
We heard you’re ready for your next challenge, so here is your opportunity.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Pastoral Team as of one of our Heads of Year. We are looking for an excellent teacher who is ready for the next step. This post would suit an experienced teacher with strong leadership skills ready for the next stage of their career.
Birchensale Middle School, part of the Bordesley MAT, working closely with Trinity High School, Woodfield Academy (middle school) and Holyoakes First School in a very localised MAT focusing on the development of children in Redditch. Working together as part of the three-tier system we aspire to improve the educational offer for the local community.
A popular 5-form entry middle school with pupils age 9-13 years. We are a happy, vibrant learning community, with high aspirations for the children in our care and the staff team that supports them.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Birchensale Middle School
- School type
- Academy, ages 9 to 13
- Education phase
- View all Middlejobs
- School size
- 604 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 9 to 13
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Birchensale Middle School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Birchensale Middle School, part of the Bordesley MAT, working closely with Trinity High School, Woodfeild Academy (middle school) and Holyoakes First School in a very localised MAT focusing on the development of children in Redditch. Working together as part of the three-tier system we aspire to improve the educational offer for the local community. Birchensale Middle School is a popular 5-form entry middle school with pupils on roll aged 9-13 years. We are a happy, vibrant learning community, with high aspirations for the children in our care and the staff team that supports them.
Arranging a visit to Birchensale Middle School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Walkwood Church of England Middle School
Feckenham Road, Redditch, Worcestershire, B97 5AQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Redditch and Worcestershire