Paxman Academy has an exciting opportunity for a
Head of Year to join us on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave, starting
from January 2024. We
are looking for a dedicated,
caring and hardworking leader with ambition to support all students to reach
their academic and personal potential.
This post is 100% FTE, fixed term from 1st
January 2024 until 31st December 2024.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To promote the ethos of the school through
leading high quality assemblies
- To lead a team of tutors and cohort of students,
giving a clear vision and direction to work
- To have an overview of the range of
barriers to learning that impact on student progress, with reference to
behaviour for learning, in and out of the classroom
- To monitor attendance and punctuality on a
weekly basis and take steps to ensure that these are maintained at the highest
levels, liaising with partners as appropriate
- To monitor student behaviour, attendance
and achievement and, in consultation with key staff, decide on appropriate
sanctions, interventions and rewards
- To raise the standards of student
attainment and achievement within the year group establishing high standards.
- To use available data to identify students
in the year group who are underachieving and implement and monitor the impact of
measures to address this.
We're looking for you if
- Are an effective and sensitive communicator
to a range of audiences.
- Have an understanding of the use of a range
of data to inform planning and underpin individual student progress.
- Experience of, and commitment to, the
education of the whole person promoting social and emotional well-being in
addition to academic development.
- Have self-awareness, perceptiveness and
being empathetic to the needs of all stakeholders.
- The ability to engage with parents in the
education of their children.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD
training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work
with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance
Programme, Pension Scheme, Perkbox, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym
Membership at selected local gyms
- Please note that an integration
period applies to all new staff joining the Trust, to support introduction into
HEAD OF YEAR
Cover in the first instance
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale +
Actual Salary from: £28,000 - £43,685 (M1 –
U3) + TLR 2b (£5,027)
Start Date: 1st January 2024 or
sooner if possible
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.