L16 - L24
Due to the retirement of the current Headteacher, the governing body require an exceptional educational practitioner, with the ability and ambition to lead the school into the next phase of its journey.
We are a good school that is proud to be Maintained, with a fantastic team of staff and pupils and in 2018 we were fortunate to have a new building extension.
We are looking for an individual who: -
• Is an effective leader and communicator, capable of driving our school to Outstanding
• Can continue to build upon our rich curriculum, effective teaching & Learning Strategies and high pupil expectations.
• Will promote and develop the wellbeing of all pupils and staff
• Will develop lifelong learning beyond the classroom
We will offer you: -
• A committed team of staff who strive to create a calm, caring atmosphere with motivating and engaging lessons where children feel valued and listened to and where progress is key.
• A school environment that is well cared for with significant opportunities and spacious environment for outdoor learning.
• A strong school community where parental engagement is actively encouraged.
• An active PTA who work in partnership to support the school.
• A well-established supportive governing body with professional skills
• An opportunity to drive the school forward, building on strong foundations.
Applying for the job
Download an application form from the School's website: https://www.pennycross.plymouth.sch.uk/vacancies/
Local authority maintained school
377 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Pennycross Primary School
THE SCHOOL AND THE AREA IT SERVES
Our growing school, which is a two form entry primary school, is situated approximately three miles from the City’s business and main shopping centre and serves an area of mixed housing. Children come from a variety of social backgrounds. Pennycross Primary has a strong reputation within the local community, and because of this pupils are drawn from a very large local area.
The Foundation Stage intake of 60 is full. We offer full time attendance from the start of the Foundation Stage for all pupils.
The school was opened in 1953 and in 2016 underwent an extensive building programme, consisting of the construction of 8 new classrooms, workspaces and offices and refurbishment of the existing school building.
There are two main playground areas, each having large outdoor apparatus. Also, the school has an extensive field as well as grass and landscaped areas, Forest School and Sensory Garden.
The school has a high reputation for its Sustainable Travel Plan, having won both local and regional awards this year. The school also offers the ‘Penny Bike Hire’ for all adults and children, which enables families to hire bicycles from the school, free of charge. We participate in the WOW travel tracker initiative.
We have an active school choir who perform at the Lord Mayors Christmas Carol Service. The school also has links with the local residential home, churches, Library and pre-schools.
Pennycross Primary School has achieved many awards including: Basic Skills Quality Mark, Silver Woodland Trust Green Tree School Award, Inclusion, Money Sense, ModeShift Gold Award and Healthy Child Quality Mark.
We are a Thrive School and support children’s mental health using our Inclusion TA’s.
Arranging a visit to Pennycross Primary School
We encourage you to visit the school prior to completing your application. Please contact Alison Hearn, our School Business Manager, on 01752 705137 to make arrangements.
Arden Grove, Plymouth, Devon, PL2 3RL
Elburton Primary School
Haye Road South, Plymouth, Devon, PL9 8HJ