- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Full time
Monday to Friday, Full Time.
- Contract type
- L25 (£76,141) - L29 (£83,791)
Head Teacher required for Spring Common Academy from September 2022.
(NOR 195 - Group 5 special school)
We are searching for a dynamic Head Teacher for September 2022 for our friendly and welcoming special school. This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and passionate individual to lead and develop our area special school into the future.
• have the abilities to lead an 'Outstanding' special school (last 2 inspections) and continue its journey;
• have strong leadership and management skills either as an existing Head or someone who has extensive Leadership experience in a special school;
• have the ability to further develop a clear vision of continued excellence with the current leadership team, staff, parents and Trustees;
• are committed to working with the other special schools in the MAT for Horizons Education Trust and working with our supportive Trustees to develop a centre of excellence.
We can offer you:
• a friendly warm and welcoming first name school;
• a supportive, experienced and motivated Senior Leadership Team;
• a school where all staff are always valued, secure and have a strong sense of commitment and belonging;
• a supportive induction period for the first term working alongside the Executive Headteacher;
• friendly pupils and families who love the school, some of whom have had a challenging journey so far but appreciate help and support;
• the opportunity to work strategically to develop your leadership skills, within an expanding Trust and use your school improvement skills to support new schools;
• Take the lead on trust – wide initiatives for the benefit of the Trust to grow capacity across multiple sites and to build succession readiness.
• opportunities to work locally and regionally to develop the work of the school to develop the curriculum and preparation for adulthood.
• Relocation package can be negotiated to support expenses for removals to move into the area.
For full information about the school and the trust please visit the trust website:
As a Trust we are committed to ensuring the welfare and safeguarding of all pupils. All staff will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: 3.00pm Wednesday 26 January, 2022.
Interview date: 3 and 4 February, 2022.
Some items may be held via Teams prior to interview.
For further information about the position, contact Dr Kim Taylor OBE, Executive Headteacher. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please contact Jon Panther, Executive Personal Assistant. email@example.com
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.