St Joseph’s is a Good school consistently outperforming most schools in the progress children make, and is now looking to appoint a new Head Teacher to take it to the next level, with effect from September 2020. The new appointee will be a practising Catholic with the drive, enthusiasm and ability to lead this thriving school.
The governors are looking for someone who:
• Will promote and develop the Catholic ethos of the school
• Has a clear vision for the future to move our school further forward in developing high standards
• Is creative and innovative with a passion for teaching and learning and high expectations of children
• Is an excellent practitioner capable of inspiring, supporting, challenging, and empowering others
• Has excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
What we can offer:
• Happy and friendly children who are eager to learn
• An enthusiastic staff dedicated to high standards
• A Governing Body that is committed to making a difference.
Informal visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged with the Head Teacher or school office. Application packs are available from the school office.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Essential educational requirements
Practicing and committed Catholic
Essential skills and experience
Evidence of good classroom practice.
Headship/Deputy/Assistant headship experience in primary/secondary school for at least three years.
To have worked in at least two schools.
Senior management experience in a Catholic school or is able to demonstrate sound understanding of the aims, organisation, leadership and governance of a Catholic school.
Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of safeguarding, forming and maintaining appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
Please visit the school website and download the person specification for a full list of qualification, skills and experience required.
About St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
- Davey Drive, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 7BF
- LA Maintained School
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School website (opens in a new window)