This job expired on 18 April 2023 – see similar jobs
18 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
24 March 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £62,561.00 to £71,765.00
Head Teacher job summary
Tollerton Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated Head Teacher to this wonderful school and community, to build on its existing success and lead it into an exciting future.
There is a supportive environment at Tollerton Primary School where the focus is on developing the whole child through enriching their life at school with a vibrant curriculum. In recent years extensive work has been undertaken to respond to changes in curriculum expectations. The individual ambition of the school is supported by Equals Trust. The new Head Teacher will become a member of the Trust’s Leadership Team which is made up of each school’s Head Teacher and the Central Trust Team. Opportunities for peer-to-peer support and cross-school collaboration will ensure the successful candidate has a strong network of support to enable them to achieve the very best for the school.
A dedicated staff and Governing Body are supported in their efforts by engaged and enthusiastic parents. The school is a founding member of Equals Trust, a collaborative Multi Academy Trust.
You will have:
· A clear vision for the future of our school, further developing its ethos and the safe and caring atmosphere that currently exists
· Strong leadership qualities that will motivate and challenge in the next stage of the school’s development
· Good emotional intelligence to ensure good communication and relationships with all members of the school community
· The ability to lead a strong and experienced team with complementary skills
· Be able to inspire and work in partnership with pupils, staff, parents/carers, governors and other stakeholders
In return we can offer you:
· The opportunity to drive our successful school forward
· Clear autonomy as the Head Teacher of the school with the added benefit of support and guidance from other leaders in the Trust.
· Dedicated and highly motivated staff who have strong relationships with pupils, parents/carers and the local community
· An active and forward-thinking Governing Body
· Professional development, collaboration and ongoing support through being a partner in Equals Trust. Via a place on the Leadership Group you will have the opportunity to contribute to and decide Trust strategy; especially that related to teaching and learning.
· A school that has had a very recent OSFTED inspection (still to be published) which it was pleased with and confirmed its own (and the Trust’s) self-evaluation
Visits to our school are highly recommended. Please come and visit us to see what we can offer you in the next stage of your career. School visits will be hosted by the current Head Teacher Jon Wells – call him on 0115 9372944 to arrange a visit. You can also speak with the Trust School Improvement Lead, Stuart Edmonds by e mailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time for an informal chat. You can also contact the Trust CEO, Phil Palmer by e mailing him at email@example.com Applications must be received by midday on Tuesday 18th April 2023. Interviews will be held on 25th and 26th April 2023.
About Tollerton Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 196 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Tollerton Primary School website (opens in new tab)
Tollerton Primary School is a one form entry school and offers a curriculum which is creative and allows for excitement to run alongside enrichment.
We have an inclusive approach and strive to achieve the highest possible standards for all our children. Tollerton School has a fabulous outdoor environment and provision.
Similar jobs nearby
Holmgate Primary School and Nursery
Holmgate Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S45 9QD
William Shrewsbury Primary School
Church Road, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0HE
Bennerley Fields School
Stratford Street, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 8QZ
Heage Primary School
School Lane, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 2AL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire and Nottingham