Headteacher (0.4 Teaching Commitment) L7 - L13
3 days remaining to apply
Start date details
26 March 2023 at 11:59pm
27 January 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time
- L7 - L13
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a leader who:
- Can drive school development through motivating others, with exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Can lead by example.
- Has a love of teaching and is committed to developing each and every child’s learning journey.
- Has a flexible attitude to the school as a whole and is prepared to adapt to the needs of a small school.
- Has a developed understanding of SEND.
- Is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.
- Shows a willingness to develop and build on the success of our school.
- Is able to support staff and their development in teaching through strong leadership.
- Enthusiastically supports flexi-schooling and recognises the benefits for children and their families.
What the school offers its staff
Castleton is a beautiful village at the head of the Hope Valley, in the heart of the Peak District National Park - easy travelling distance from Sheffield and Buxton. It is popular for its show caves and is overlooked by Mam Tor hill.
Our school is unusual in that it offers “flexi-schooling”, i.e., children who are home-educated have the option of enrolling and attending school, typically for 3 days each week. We have a higher-than-average number of SEND pupils.
What we can offer:
- An ethos of positive learning, where everyone, including pupils, staff and visitors feel respected and valued.
- Happy, responsible and motivated children who are treated as individuals in a family-like atmosphere.
- Experienced staff with a can-do attitude, who are dedicated to the children and highly skilled in supporting children with additional needs.
- A commitment to a continuous dialogue with parents. As a small school this is invaluable.
Further details about the role
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Castleton CofE Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 21 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Castleton CofE Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Castleton CofE Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Headship.Recruitment@derbyshire.gov.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Manor Lodge Community Primary and Nursery School
Manor Lane, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 1UF
Assistant Headteacher – SENDCo & Personal Development Lead
Nether Green Junior School
Fulwood Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 3QA
All Souls Church of England Primary School
Rye Street, Heywood, Lancashire, OL10 4DF
St Ambrose RC Primary School
Princess Road, Manchester, M21 7QA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Derbyshire and Derby