This job expired on 25 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
25 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
22 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full-Time
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you kind and caring? Are you warm and approachable ?
Will you create a happy and enjoyable learning environment ?
Do you have high expectations of yourself and othersand strive for improvement ?
This is the job for you ….
Bitterne CE Primary School is a flourishing two form entry Southampton City Council School.
Located within the heart of Bitterne Village since 1856, we are a very popular choice for prospective parents.
The Governing Body is seeking an inspirational leader who is committed to supporting the well-being of the whole school community and will maintain the Christian ethos which is embedded within our school. We are currently rated good by OFSTED and outstanding by SIAMS.
The children are at the heart of all we do, underpinned by our values of Love, Trust and Forgiveness.
Our ideal leader would be:
- a visionary addition to our strong and effective team to guide us through the next stage of our development;
- a strategic thinker, who enjoys working with others to shape and deliver a broad, balanced, innovative, inclusive and creative curriculum where all children can experience a positive and enriching school journey;
- committed to meeting the needs of each and every one of our children emotionally, socially and academically;
- able to continue the development of our inclusive environment, having the belief that all children can achieve and aspire to be the best they can be;
- compassionate with a drive and commitment to build on our successes and high standards and to steer the school forward;
- dynamic and strategic with a clear vision;
- our designated safeguarding lead who ensures that children are happy, safe and learning well;
- a team player, with excellent interpersonal skills, who ensures inclusion and support.
What the school offers its staff
In return, we can offer you:
- friendly children who are eager to learn;
- a well maintained securely ‘good’ school;
- an experienced and committed senior leadership team;
- a strong and innovative middle leadership;
- loyal and incredibly motivated teachers and support staff, who always put the children first;
- an experienced and committed governing body who will offer you both challenge and support;
- supportive and invested parental body;
- close support partnership with our Church and Diocese;
- early headship coaching support, if required;
- continued professional development;
- commitment to supporting your wellbeing, including the consideration of flexible working arrangements and the ability to work from home when necessary.
We encourage you to come and visit our school before you apply.
Further details about the role
Please email Amanda Humby, Chair of Governorsahumby@bitterneceprimary.net to arrange a time to visit thee school.
The school’s website holds more information about school life and activity: www.bitterneceprimary.net
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com by the closing date.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Bitterne CE Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 414 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Bitterne CE Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Two form entry primary school.
Arranging a visit to Bitterne CE Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
St Saviour's Catholic Primary School
Summers Lane, Totland Bay, Isle of Wight, PO39 0HQ
Amesbury Archer Primary School
Shears Drive, Amesbury, Wiltshire, SP4 7XX
Trinity Church of England First School
Coopers Lane, Verwood, Dorset, BH31 7PG
Headteacher, King’s Academy Northern Parade
King's Group Academies
Crofton Road, Portsmouth, PO2 0NT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Southampton and Hampshire