£55,338 - £64,143
Buxted Church of England Primary school is single form entry, thriving village school, set in the countryside close to the village of Buxted, and the larger town of Uckfield. It has a strong Christian ethos, with 189 happy, motivated children, who enjoy learning in the beautiful countryside setting.
South Ashdown Schools’ Federation is seeking to appoint an inspiring leader in the role of Headteacher at Buxted Church of England Primary School from September 2021. We are seeking a dynamic and innovative Headteacher, who will champion the School’s vision and ethos to build an environment of excellence across the Federation; a candidate with a proven track record of strong leadership, and deep understanding of the current Head Teacher requirements, who will take the school to the next level in our journey towards educational excellence.
In federation with Bonners CE Primary School, the candidate will provide robust strategic leadership and direction in ensuring a child-centred approach to education that enables continuous and progressive improvement for all pupils’ learning, whilst ensuring the Christian Ethos runs through everything. Fostering confidence, ambition and motivation in staff, the candidate will promote and deliver a positive, comprehensive, exciting, and relevant learning experience for pupils, where teaching and learning will be consistently evolving and improving, whilst ensuring a positive staff team culture and support for continuous development.
Buxted CE Primary School has proudly served the catchment area of Buxted for over 150 years. Links with the community including St Margaret’s Church are strong, and flourishing. Central to all that we do is our distinctive church status. This is reflected within the curriculum, our caring and sharing attitude, and school vision of Inspire and Aspire
Applying for the job
• Completed application forms should be returned to the Leadership Recruitment Team by email to: Leadership.email@example.com
• The recruitment team can be contacted on 01273 482070.
• Closing date for applications is Friday 30th April 2021 at 12 noon.
• If your application is shortlisted, we will take up references prior to interview. Please give your current or most recent employer as one of your referees. Current Head teachers should also provide the name and address of your Director of Children’s Services.
• The interview and assessment day will be held during the week commencing the 17th of May 2021. Information about the process for this day will be provided with your invitation to interview. Please bring an original copy of your DBS certificate and evidence of your qualified teacher status, along with other relevant qualifications.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
185 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Buxted CofE Primary School
Our school offers:
• A happy and stimulating environment where children are ready to tackle challenges to reach their potential.
• A culture where each child is helped to realise their potential.
• An education for pupils intellectually, socially, aesthetically, physical, spiritually and promote Christian values.
• An innovative, hard-working, and dedicated staff team.
• A Governing Body who takes their role seriously and are committed to excellence.
• Strong parental support and a proactive PTA.
• Excellent links with the Parish Church, the local community, and Bonners School as part of the South Ashdown Schools Federation.
• An attractive and caring work environment with strong co-operative relationships.
• A place where Christian values are embedded in school practice.
• An ambitious village school, striving for the best outcomes for children, staff, and the wider community.
Arranging a visit to Buxted CofE Primary School
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.