Chessbrook is a highly successful organisation which proudly serves its family of schools within South West Hertfordshire. We have had three successive ‘outstanding’ judgments from Ofsted (2010, 2014 and 2018) and we have exceptionally high standards and expectations of every individual.
We are a dedicated and highly motivated team who work incredibly hard to support 15 secondary and 82 primary schools, as well as providing bespoke aspirational education programmes to around 50 KS3 and KS4 students onsite.
On our behalf our governing body are seeking a headteacher with a passion for education and commitment to provide a nurturing, enriching yet aspirational experience for every child; a Headteacher who will continue to value our highly trained team, creative to respond to the needs of the Local Authority as well as the large number of schools we work with and be successful in our very complex organisation.
Please come and have a look around, we would be delighted to meet you and you can learn more about Chessbrook ESC. If you are interested you are welcome to apply if:
• You have proven leadership skills at a senior leadership level along with the energy, creativity and vision to further drive innovation and progress whilst maintaining existing practices that are working effectively
• A willingness to embrace diversity, identify student achievement gaps and ensure the provision of an inclusive learning environment so all students are catered for and can achieve their best
• A visible, measured and collaborative approach and willingness to proactively engage with and forge close relationships with the students, parents, staff, Management Committee, Local Authority officers and the senior leaders of South West Hertfordshire schools
• A commitment to develop a learning culture alongside a robust system of support and challenge to ensure students are able to continue their learning beyond Chessbrook and into their adult lives
We would encourage you to look through our last Ofsted report and our website to see more about us.
If you have further questions or wish to arrange a visit, please contact the school office (01923 212025 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply please send your completed application form (external applicants) or letter of application (internal applicants) addressed to Mr Jeremy Turner, Chair of Management Committee or email via: email@example.com.
Chessbrook is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. You will be asked to sign applications submitted online. Unless candidates request otherwise, references will be sought in advance.
An Enhanced Disclosure will be required for this appointment.
Essential educational requirements
NPQH, or working towards
Essential skills and experience
Person Specification if available
This is an excellent opportunity to have a new challenge at a dynamic and unique organisation with a highly skilled team. The next Head of Chessbrook will be someone who is creative, strategic and also hands on, who wants to have a positive impact.
About Chessbrook Education Support Centre
- Tolpits Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 6LJ
- Not Applicable
- LA Maintained School
- Chessbrook Education Support Centre website (opens in a new window)