The successful candidate will:
- be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment, who embraces the development of the Catholic life and mission of the academy as a core leadership responsibility.
- be a confident and visible leader with a clear vision for Catholic Education and ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do
- have a strong understanding of evidence-informed school improvement and a proven track record of successful leadership with the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage improvement strategies in line with the Trust’s improvement strategy
- have an excellent understanding of the Ofsted and Section 48 inspection frameworks, be able to horizon-scan and continually strive for excellence in all aspects to ensure that each pupil fulfils their unique potential
- have the ability to build relationships with staff, pupils, parents, governors and others working in St Joseph Catholic Multi Academy Trust and a wide variety of external partners
- work closely with the St Joseph Catholic Multi Academy Trust, Governors and the SLT to develop a compelling faith-centred vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement
- be able to inspire the whole community, build and maintain successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success
- be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
- actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
- place safeguarding at the heart of all decision-making
In return we can offer you:
and ambitious children who are keen to learn
highly supportive, effective and ambitious Local Governing Body
academy which is staffed by a dedicated teaching and support team
committed to supporting the academy and its pupils
professional development opportunities
from headteacher colleagues within the St Joseph Catholic Multi Academy
quality support for school improvement and operations from the St Joseph
Catholic Multi Academy Trust central team
The Board of Directors of St Joseph Catholic Multi
Academy Trust is looking to appoint a Headteacher to Holy Family Catholic
Academy in Wigan from September 2023.
Academy mission statement:
Love, Live, Learn
At Holy Family we love Jesus and each other, live
life to the full and learn with joy and spirit.
Situated in Platt Bridge, Holy Family is a popular
Catholic primary academy with a good Ofsted rating for children from
2-11. The school community is made up of our wonderful children, their
families, our parishes and a committed team of staff and we are committed to
supporting our children to develop spiritually, morally, socially and
academically. Holy Family Catholic Academy joined the Trust on 1st September
2022. This is a unique opportunity to lead a strong Catholic primary
academy at an exciting point on its journey. Reporting to the Chief
Executive Officer, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic
life of the school and improving standards of teaching and learning.
This job post has expired.