The Governing Body of Langley School, a Group 6 school with a truly diverse and comprehensive intake, is now looking for its next inspirational leader, to follow the retirement of our current Headteacher at Easter 2020, after eleven successful years.
Governors look to appoint a dynamic Headteacher and our ideal candidate will:
• be an inspirational role model with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• be a successful senior leader with strong management, organisational and listening skills
• be able to recognise current strengths and maintain stability, whilst managing necessary change
• have an excellent understanding of effective strategies for raising attainment and achieving excellence
• inspire confidence and commitment amongst staff and students, to build on existing high expectations, aspirations and outcomes
• maintain outstanding provision for all in this well-rounded, fully inclusive school
• demonstrate commitment and resilience.
In return we can offer:
• the chance to nurture delightful and enthusiastic students
• robust encouragement, support and challenge from the Governing Body
• a welcoming, friendly environment, with a committed and dedicated team of staff
• an experienced, supportive and capable Senior Leadership Team
• clear values that inspire our pupils to achieve and succeed.
Essential educational requirements
• Degree qualification or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Experience as a significant member of a Senior Leadership Team in a secondary setting
• Experience of successful team leadership or management experience
• Experience of using data to recommend or implement support and intervention to raise achievement or attainment
• Experience of recent, relevant school self-evaluation and contribution to school improvement planning
• Experience of budget management
• Demonstrable experience in recruiting and developing effective teams
• Demonstrable experience of raising standards in teaching and learning with improved outcomes at KS3 and GCSE levels
• Experience of teaching to a range of abilities in a secondary school
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and we have set aside the following dates:
Thursday 24 October 8.30-9.30am
Tuesday 5 November 8.30-9.30am
Friday 8 November 1.45-2.45pm
To arrange a visit, please telephone us on 0121 706 9771 or email Julie Hannah, Headteacher’s PA via email@example.com or Rosemary Cotton, Business Director on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please access our website for a person specification, job description, a letter from our current Headteacher and the necessary application form.
We look forward to receiving your application and assure you that it will receive full and thorough consideration from our Governing Body and advisers.
About Langley School
- Kineton Green Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B92 7ER
- Langley School website (opens in a new window)