Our new Headteacher will:
• Be an outstanding primary practitioner with a track record of professional and
inspirational leadership which drives school improvement
• Be able to ensure high quality education by effectively leading and managing
teaching and learning
• Engage with all stakeholders to create a shared culture and positive climate
• Uphold and promote our distinctive Christian vision and values
• Get the best out of the entire staff team
• Be committed to all children achieving their highest potential
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic and eager children
• Good links with the church and local community
• A supportive environment and a committed Governing Body
• Strong partnerships with local schools
• A staff team who are forward looking and keen to develop the best opportunities
The Governors are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher for this welcoming Church of
England primary school, which is at the heart of its local community.
Our Christian Vision is that – Everyone is Welcome.
This is founded in 1 Peter 4:10 – 11: ‘God has given each of you a gift from his great
variety of gifts. Use them well to serve one another.’
Everyone who spends time learning and growing at Longhoughton is encouraged to
reach their full potential with courage, compassion and creativity to make a
difference in the future. We are respectful of God’s world, working together to create a
loving and caring community.
The school is set within the village of Longhoughton, with more than half of our children
coming from service families.
As the new Headteacher, your inspirational leadership will help the school to continue to
make a difference to the lives of all of our children.
We warmly welcome, and encourage, prior to application, a visit to our school. Visits will
take place week commencing 5th and 12th February 2024. To arrange a visit
appointment, please contact the school office on 01665 577204
This job post has expired.