15 days remaining to apply
Start date details
September 2023 (or January 2024 if required)
14 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
14 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Governors of this successful LA Maintained primary school, located on the Somerset/Dorset border, are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Head with the warmth, drive and passion to lead the school on its journey of continuous improvement.
We are looking for a permanent Headteacher for September 2023 (or January 2024) who possesses:
- Excellent leadership, organisational and management skills
- The ability to build on success and manage change, being committed to a culture of continuous improvement that promotes excellence for staff and children alike
- A passion for developing children’s love of learning, for placing the best interests of the children at the heart of all their decisions and for celebrating diversity and promoting equality
- Empathy and the ability to lead the school in caring for our children and supporting staff
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate our vision and describe how it will be made a reality as the school continues to develop
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to support positive relationships within school and with the wider community
What the school offers its staff
We can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to lead and develop our school, working towards excellent outcomes for children and good staff development, incorporating the recent inspection recommendations
- A happy, inclusive school and pre-school with high expectations for the children’s achievements and behaviour
- Kind, tolerant and caring children who enjoy their school experience
- An enthusiastic, supportive staff team and governing body
- A commitment to working closely with parents/carers and the wider community
- Support with continuing professional development
Further details about the role
The following process for applications will be followed:
- Further information and an Application Pack are available from SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk. Enquiries should be made to 01823 348270. Please also return your application to this email address.
- The covering letter shall be limited to two sides of A4 and should outline why you are applying for this post and what you believe you can offer the school.
- All applications must reach us by the closure date of noon on Friday 14th April 2023.
- Those invited for interview (subject to references) will be advised by 18th April 2023. All shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews on Monday 24th April 2023 with those making the final stage of the process being invited to also attend on Tuesday 25th April 2023.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.ukDownload an application form - 81.4 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Milborne Port Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 160 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Milborne Port Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Milborne Port Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Office@MPPrimary.co.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole