Headteacher - St Peter's Smithills Dean C.E Primary School
We are looking for an inspirational and passionate leader to make an impact in our very special Church of England School guided by the example of the teaching of Jesus Christ, our vision is to prepare our pupils to be positive and effective citizens, shining His light in the world.
We would like a Headteacher who has an unwavering commitment to learning. Guided by our vision and values, we desire to offer the best possible education where all adults and children can flourish.
St Peter’s Smithills Dean CE Primary school is based in the heart of the parish of St Peter’s Halliwell and is the home of Smithills fellowship, one of the sister churches of the parish. The school is on the edge of Smithills Country Park and the West Pennine Moors.
We are proud to be a member of the Forward As One CE Multi-Academy Trust Our partnership with the Trust enables us to network and learn from the best within our system, at the same time as horizon scanning and remaining outward-facing.
We are proud of our school and looking for someone who will:
· Inspire the whole school community as we learn and work together.
· Care deeply about all pupils: balancing aspiration and achievement with inclusion and diversity of needs to support children in becoming confident, happy, positive and effective citizens
· Empower and develop our talented staff to be their best.
· Further develop a dynamic, forward-thinking inclusive school with the highest of expectations and standards of excellence.
Essential educational requirements
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Evidence of regular and appropriate professional development in teaching practice
- Evidence of regular and appropriate professional development in school leadership and management
- Successful strategic leadership and management experience in Primary school education
- Knowledge and understanding of all 3 Key Stages in the primary phase
- Proven track record of raising educational standards
- Provide a safe, calm and well-ordered environment for all pupils and staff,focused on safeguarding pupils and developing their exemplary behaviour in school and in the wider society
- Creates an organisational culture which is vigilant to, monitors and prioritises the safeguarding of children and young people above all
- Determine, organise and implement the curriculum and establish creative, responsive and effective approaches to learning and teaching (including the use of new and emerging technologies)
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic financial planning and budget management
- Access, analyse and interpret appropriate data to monitor pupils progress, set and achieve ambitious, challenging goals and targets and identify areas for improvement with the focus on every pupil achieving their full potential
- Proven experience of improving the quality of teaching and learning with evidenced impact on pupil outcomes
- An understanding of current educational issues and their likely impact on our school
Essential skills and experience
- Is able to manage change, conflict and empower individuals and teams
- Works collaboratively with others, within and beyond the school, to build an open, fair and equitable learning culture and positive climate
- Reviews the performance of staff, challenge and take action when performance is unsatisfactory, ensuring continued professional
development for all
- Acknowledges the responsibilities and celebrates the achievements of individuals and teams
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence, impact and presence, commitment, integrity, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Regularly reviews own practice, sets personal targets and takes
responsibility for own personal development
- Ability to lead the team effectively
- Ability to lead the team effectively and efficiently towards the academic, spiritual, moral, social, emotional and cultural development of all pupils
We can offer:
· An environment to innovate; taking our school on the next stage of an exciting journey.
· An experienced and dedicated staff team, committed to the best outcomes for all our children.
· An active and supportive Governing Body and Parent Association, invested in your and the school’s success.
· Extensive, attractive and accessible grounds, in the heart of the countryside where outdoor learning is an integral part of our curriculum. Continuing professional development opportunities
· Collaboration and partnership with the Forward as One CE MAT trust schools and the professional development flightpath opportunities offered by the Trust
Further information about our school, its work and ethos are available at www.forwardasone.uk and www.spsd.bolton.sch.uk
We would encourage and welcome you to visit us before applying.
Please contact Jen Mills:- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
About St Paul's CofE Primary School, Astley Bridge
- Newnham Street, Bolton, Lancashire, BL1 8QA
- St Paul's CofE Primary School, Astley Bridge website (opens in a new window)