Health & Social Care Teacher
This job expired on 19 March 2023
Start date details
19 March 2023 at 11:59pm
3 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Part timejobs - Part Time 0.5 contract
- Fixed term - Until July 2024
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,187 - £44,302
What skills and experience we're looking for
We have an exciting opportunity for a high quality Health & Social Care teacher to join our forward thinking team at Brixham College. You will join a committed team of teachers within the Health & Social Care Department, and will be instrumental in providing an outstanding Health & Social Care education at the College. The successful candidate will be a creative and dynamic practitioner with a passion for Health & Social Care that enthuses and engages students of all abilities and ages, having high expectations of all students to help them fulfil their potential.
What the school offers its staff
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Brixham College and Plympton Academy.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Brixham College
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1058 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Brixham College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
In our college, all children and young people are experiencing a Values curriculum which places the learner at the centre of planning, learning and assessment. The Values curriculum considers their local and universal needs, recognising, valuing and building on the diversity and richness of the students’ existing knowledge and understanding, skills, values and experiences which already they bring to their learning. All children and young people are learning within a planned, flexible and differentiated Values curriculum, enriching the student experience here at Brixham College. The Values curriculum sets learning within ‘real life contexts’ that affect children, young people, their families and our community. The Values curriculum is enabling children and young people to make and act on informed decisions supporting them to live happy, healthy lives, now and in the future. It does this by providing compelling, active learning that is enabling young people to develop concepts, knowledge and skills to be able to successfully manage themselves, their relationships, risk as well as the challenges and opportunities (predictable and unpredictable, known and unknown) that they may encounter during their time at Brixham College and beyond.
Arranging a visit to Brixham College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay