We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team,
Our team is proud to be part of Anthem Schools Trust , who together create ambitious and successful schools where every child thrives.
All Saints Junion School is a small school in the heart of Reading. We are committed to working with families and their children to provide the highest quality of education, Our small team share the school's values and beliefs; that education will be challenging, engaging and will extend the achievement from 7 to 11 years of age. We develop confident young people, capable of independent learning, ready and prepared to be responsible and effective members of the community.
We are looking for a HTLA to join our small but dynamic team and support the pupils of All Saints Junior School.
We are looking for a HLTA teacher who can:
- Complement the teachers' delivery of education within the school, working collaboratively with teaching staff and assisting teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources.
- Provide support for all in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils including SEN, EAL, GT and all underachieving groups.
- Harness their skills to encourage pupils to become independent learners, providing support for the pupil's welfare, and support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life.
We want to hear from you if:
- You have strong written and spoken English
- You can work independently but also have the interpersonal skills required to work effectively in a team
- Demonstrate the confidence and understanding of how to establish and maintain positive relationships with pupils and are able to support pupils learning in both the classroom, small groups and on an individual basis.
- Have experience working with vulnerable pupils, can empathise and move pupils forward in their learning
Join All Saints Junior team and we can offer you:
- The chance to join a supportive and friendly team, who are passionate about the school community and creating a community where learning and school life is engaging and exciting.
- The opportunity to work within an organisation who have a robust personal development programme and are committed to the professional development of every individual.
- Membership of local government pension scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme offering free confidential support on a range of issues such as work, wellbeing, money, heath and legal advice.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a Health Cash Plan, an optional scheme to pay a weekly of monthly premium to claim money back on every day healthcare needs such as dentist, optical and physical needs.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join the team at All Saints Junior, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We welcome visits to the school, come and experience our friendly and engaging atmosphere to get a taste of how rewarding your work will be.
Please contact the school to arrange a visit or further discussion at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01189 393 362.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and require all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment, The successful candidate will have to meet the requirement of the person specification and will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks which will, where applicable, include a health check, DBS check, the Children's Barred List check and satisfying references.
It is an offence for an individual who has been disqualified from working with children to knowingly apply for, offer to do, accept, or do any work in a 'regulated activity'. The position advertised is a 'regulated activity'.
Anthem will undertake a basic online check for all shortlisted candidates.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.