Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Role: Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) - 2 term contract
Start date: January 2020 or as soon as possible after.
Salary: AST Grade 5.13-16 FTE £21,350 - £23,132 (pro-rata)
The School Stakeholder Committee at Krishna Avanti Primary School in Leicester (part of the Avanti Schools Trust) are seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
The school has 420 children on role and has an inclusive ethos rooted in the teachings of Krishna Chaitanya, but welcomes pupils and staff of all faiths and abilities.
This is a wonderful opportunity to help further develop a growing and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
We are looking for someone who:
• will show commitment to working to support and enhance the school's spiritual ethos;
• will enjoy a challenge and be able to motivate and improve a growing school;
• is aspiring to become, if not already, an excellent classroom practitioner;
• is resourceful, dynamic and brings a clear understanding of assessment of learning.
We are able to offer:
• a strong vision of Educational Excellence,
Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• a committed and motivated staff team;
• an attractive working environment;
• supportive parents;
• great opportunities for professional development.
Closing Date: Thursday, 14 November 2019 at 12:00 (noon) Interviews: Tuesday, 26 November 2019
Essential educational requirements
Excellent level of literacy and numeracy skills or qualifications to NVQ level 2 English and Maths.
HLTA status or equivalent qualification or experience.
Essential skills and experience
Experience of working with relevant age group within a learning environment.
Experience of working with children with additional learning needs.
About Krishna Avanti Primary School
- Spencefield Lane, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 6HN
- Free School