How to apply
To apply for this role please visit the Trust vacancies pagewww.aquinas-cmat.org/vacancies/and submit your application no later than the closing date stated above.
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received.
We warmly encourage applicants to visit our schools.
Why work for the St Thomas Aquinas Multi Academy Trust?
- Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 23 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme and Medicash, which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
- Electric Car Scheme – access to our new electric dreams care scheme, in partnership with Octopus Energy
- Childcare – If you have children that attend before/after school at one of the 23 schools in our Trust, as an employee you will be able to access this resource for free.
About St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust brings together the 23 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Leicester City, Rutland and Leicestershire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development.
The Trust and all our schools within our Trust committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check, online check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic faith leader with a passion for working with children and young people helping them to explore and engage with their faith.
You will work with a lively inclusive family of schools serving the Leicester area, being based at St Paul's Secondary school and working with the existing Chaplain to support the provision there and support four local primary schools in their Chaplaincy provision. The two Lay Chaplains will work together to provide engaging, prayerful, and thought provoking experiences for the young people of our schools and to support the staff in school to be able to do the same. You will work in partnership with your fellow Chaplain, the Trust Lead Lay Chaplain and school leaders to co-ordinate and deliver effective chaplaincy provision across the five schools. The primary schools in question are St Thomas More and Bishop Ellis in Leicester, St Joseph's in Market Harborough and English Martyrs in Oakham.
You will support the Catholic Life and Mission, and the Collective Worship provision of each of the school communities. You will work with and be supported by the Lead Lay Chaplain of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust in fulfilling the Trust’s vision for lay chaplaincy provision.
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be a practising Catholic with strong faith commitment. Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practicing Catholic’ for further information.
You will need to have the ability to travel between different locations so your own vehicle is essential.
For an informal discussion about the role and schools please contact St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust directly and Tom Shannon firstname.lastname@example.org
This job post has expired.