Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
Has real enthusiasm for the humanities and a commitment to teaching History, Geography and RE.
• Teaches engaging and challenging lessons that promote students’ abilities to learn independently and to respond effectively to feedback.
• Believes that humanities play an important role in the development of students’ skills, knowledge and understanding.
• Is able to contribute to the humanities team and take an active part in curriculum planning and preparation.
• Is able to instill in students a love of History, Geography and RE.
• Recognises the value of learning beyond the classroom in enhancing the understanding and experience of the world in which we live.
• Is willing to contribute to extra-curricular activities across the humanities.
• Is keen to work in a school which is held in high esteem by its parents and who want further to extend this reputation for excellence.
• Is prepared to accept and endorse the aims and policies of the school as outlined in the accompanying documentation.
• A professional learning culture that is highly focused on developing your teaching craft
• A well-equipped, modern learning environment that includes a new £8 million teaching block
• A strong community ethos built through a small School System, with each School retaining a strong sense of identity
• A ‘stage not age’ attitude to career development opportunities
• A school that provides rich opportunities for extra-curricular activities including the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme, team sports, dramatic performances and an internationally acclaimed School Band
For further information, please visit our website at www.burtonborough.org.uk, or telephone 01952 386500 or email the Principal's PA at email@example.com For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough
Applying for the job
Candidates should use the uploaded application form. CV's will not be accepted.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
1113 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About The Burton Borough School
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Comprehensive School of 1157 students, situated on the Shropshire/ Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. We were awarded the Gold Mental Health Award from the Carnegie School of Mental Health in April 2019 and are the first school in England to be recognised by Public Health England for the work we do in this area. Our location provides easy access to/ from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
Arranging a visit to The Burton Borough School
School visits are available
Wednesday 31st March at 12.35pm,
Tuesday 20th April at 12.35pm
Wednesday 21st April at 3.30pm.
Face masks must be worn at all times whilst in school