This is an opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced Computer Science/ICT teacher to join our committed and successful team of specialist teachers. The successful candidate should be prepared to contribute to all the courses offered. Members of the ICT department work closely together, sharing knowledge and expertise, and undertake the following responsibilities:
• Delivering the KS3, KS4 and Sixth Form curriculum
• Sharing expertise with other department members.
• Assisting in the development of ICT courses.
• Supporting the development of ICT across the curriculum.
• Assisting in staff training.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful school which has an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject
QTS, PGCE, degree in relevant subject
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for young people and for themselves
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
• Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
• You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
• You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
• You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
• You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
• You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
About Cheam High School
- Chatsworth Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM3 8PW
- Cheam High School website (opens in a new window)