Required from Nov/Dec 2019 on a fixed term contract.
• Part time – 2/3 days per week (0.4/0.6)
• To cover maternity leave
• Non-teaching, leadership role
We have a unique opportunity for a teacher to develop their leadership skills. Burley Oaks Primary School is seeking an excellent SENDCO and wider Inclusion Leader with high standards, excellent communication skills and a commitment to equality. To apply for this position, you will be a qualified teacher within the UK and preferably hold the SENDCO accreditation. Recent, relevant primary school experience is essential for this role and it will be key to effectively managing a support staff team.
You will be:
- a positive, energetic, cheerful and caring role model
- passionate about removing barriers to learning and maximising progress
- pro-active, organised and able to work well in a team and with multi-agencies
- able to work with diligence and be self-reflective
- articulate, succinct and have attention to detail
In return, we can offer:
- happy, engaged children who are keen to learn together
- a busy, creative and dynamic school with an enriching and wide-ranging curriculum
- a motivated, professional and lively staff team
- commitment to professional development and support at all levels
- well equipped and extensive facilities and grounds
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching across the primary age range.
Knowledge and skills relevant to a SENDCO role.
About Burley Oaks Primary School
- Langford Lane, Ilkley, West Yorkshire, LS29 7EJ
- LA Maintained School
- Burley Oaks Primary School website (opens in a new window)