- Job role
- Working pattern
- Part time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Casual)
- £10.48 per hour plus holiday pay of 12.07%
Our vision is simple – to ensure that all of our students achieve beyond our expectations and flourish as confident learners with the highest aspirations, ready for a bright and successful future and ready for the world in which they will work and live. We are relentless in our pursuit of the very best for all our students. We understand challenges but do not accept them as limitations.
Welling School is an all ability, co-educational 11-18 school, located in the London borough of Bexley. As well as serving our local community we welcome students from a diverse range of backgrounds and areas. Each of them brings their own part to make up the Welling School Community.
We are proud to be part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) which is one of the largest Multi Academy Trusts in South East England with over 40 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT family.
At Welling our shared values are to be:
See our website for further information about the school - www.wellingschool-tkat.org
To ensure that the integrity of the examination/assessment process is upheld in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) The Role Our Invigilators are the person in the examination room responsible for conducting a particular examination session in the presence of the candidates.
Our Invigilators have a key role in upholding the integrity of the external examination/assessment process and also in providing support and guidance to students.
• Experience of invigilation is not required as training in the role and duties of an invigilator will be provided
• Invigilators are required to declare if they have invigilated previously and whether they have any current maladministration/malpractice sanctions applied to them
• Invigilators are required to confirm their availability in advance of main exam periods
• Invigilators must confirm the confidentiality and security requirements surrounding the invigilation process are known, understood and will be followed at all times
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly ambitious team of staff and make a real impact on our students’ lives.
The successful candidate will have the chance to work with students across the full age and ability range.
1. To conduct examinations in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ), awarding body and all relevant regulations and instructions.
2. To have a key role in upholding the integrity and security of the examination/assessment process
• Report to and be briefed by the exams officer prior to each exam session
• Keep confidential exam question papers and materials secure before, during and after exams
- Ensure exam rooms are set up according to the requirements
- Admit candidates into exam rooms under formal exam conditions
• Identify candidates and seat candidates according to the required arrangements
• Distribute the correct question papers and exam materials to candidates
• Instruct candidates in the conduct of their exams
• Deal with candidate questions
• Start exams During exams
• Supervise and observe candidates at all times and be vigilant throughout exams
• Keep disruption in exam rooms to a minimum
• Deal with emergencies or irregularities effectively
• Record/report any incidents, disruption or irregularities
• Complete attendance registers
• Deal with candidate questions according to the regulations
• Offer support to students as needed
• Instruct candidates in finishing their exams and collect exam scripts and exam materials
• Dismiss candidates from the exam room
• Check candidates’ names on scripts, match the details on the attendance register
• Securely return all exam scripts and exam materials to the exams officer
• Undertake training, update and review sessions as required
• (prior to invigilating any exam in a new academic year) Undertake relevant online invigilator training and assessment for that academic year
• Undertake, where required and where able, other duties requested by the exams officer, for example o centre supervision of exam timetable clash candidates between exam sessions o facilitating access arrangements for candidates, for example as a reader, scribe etc. (full training will be provided) o other exams-related administrative tasks including maintaining question paper security by supporting the ‘second pair of eyes check’
Personal Qualities, Skills and Expectations
• reliable, flexible and readily available during main exam periods
• have effective communication skills and good interpersonal skills
• work well as part of a team
• be confident and a reassuring presence to candidates in exam rooms
• be able to give instructions and manage situations involving different groups of people
• have basic IT skills (familiar with use of email, mobile phone messaging etc.)
Contact Information Informal discussions and/or visits are actively encouraged. To arrange a visit or discuss the post, please contact Victoria Edwards, HR Adviser on 020 8304 8531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications.
If you have not had any communication within 10 days of the closing date please take this as confirmation that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic; this includes applicants wishing to work flexibly.
Access to interview - should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist we will.
Applying for the job
https://tkat.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/219More on how to apply (opens in new tab)