Key Stage Lead Buisness Studies
Ark Boulton Academy, Birmingham, West Midlands
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,982 to £36,870|
‘It takes a whole community to bring up a child’ is not just a motto at Ark Boulton, it influences the way we support each other, our parents, students and other stakeholders.
Our teachers are the backbone of this community and are given the room to grow and develop in an encouraging, challenging and rewarding environment. As role-models they exemplify the virtues we strive to instil in our students, which include courage, self-discipline, commitment and honesty.
Our strapline ‘growing together, reaching higher’ applies as much to our staff as our students. We recognise that the health and wellbeing of our staff will affect that of our students. For this reason, we have invested in developing our wellbeing room and other initiatives to care for our whole school community.
Essential educational requirements
• Degree in Computer Science or related subject
• Qualified to teach and right to work in the UK
Essential skills and experience
• Demonstrable commitment to raising attainment of all pupils
• Experience of having designed, implemented and evaluated effective, imaginative and stimulating schemes of work and of leading successful enrichment programmes
• Experience or knowledge of improving the quality of teaching and learning through the development of progression plans, schemes of work and high quality resources
• Experience leading a team and/or working to support the significant success of others
• Experience of interpreting complex student data to drive lesson planning and improve student outcomes
• Be or demonstrate the potential to become an outstanding teacher
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for your subject area and pedagogy
• Effective and systematic behaviour management
• Up-to-date knowledge of the national education system, examinations and curriculum
Become a member of our school family and embrace multiple opportunities for personal and professional development, not just within the school, but from the internationally renowned Ark family of schools we are a part of. As a result, our staff can share best practice and receive training from some of the best educators in the country.
|School size||894 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Ark Boulton Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Golden Hillock Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B11 2QG