7 days remaining to apply
Start date details
15 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
17 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time - 35 hours per week – 52 weeks per year 25 days annual leave per year (15 days fixed for closures) plus bank holidays
- Scale 5: £27,807 - £29,214 per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
The job will require the successful candidate to work closely with one individual student and to take responsibility for the implementation of their educational, social and behaviour plan. As a Keyworker, you will be expected to develop a deep understanding of the needs of your allocated student. You will also be expected to carry out joint planning for your assigned student and to lead lessons in a curriculum area under the guidance of the Centre’s Qualified Teacher.
Applications are welcomed from individuals who:
- have proven good experience of working directly with primary, secondary and/or sixth form aged pupils who have an Autistic Spectrum Condition diagnosis.
- have some experience of working with individuals who have challenging behaviour/communication difficulties and can prove that they have the resilience to work with young adults with complex needs
- have awareness and can describe the School’s TEACCH (structure) pedagogy
- are willing and able to carry out manual handling tasks which could include; assistance with students’ personal care, auxiliary medical care and the management, under guidance, of difficult behaviours
- are committed to continuous professional development
- have a positive “can do” attitude and are very willing to learn
- are willing to work flexible hours
- some experience and basic skills of using ICT packages such as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- possess at least a minimum of NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent is 4 GCSE’s Grade A* - C/new Grade 4 or above)
- are willing to follow assessment and recording procedures, as well as following relevant curriculum tasks
What the school offers its staff
Trinity School are seeking to appoint individuals with special skills, enthusiasm and a high degree of commitment to working with students with the highest level of need and challenging behaviour arising from autism.
The Highly Specialist Behaviour Team (incorporating the Living and Learning Centre) provides specialist care and support for the development of independent, self-help, functional and vocational living skills for up to 19 pupils currently aged between 8-19 with an ASC diagnosis and associated challenging behaviours. The Living and Learning Centre is a unique provision which provides a service to the pupils for 48 weeks per year together with flexibility in the timing of the school day within a set period.
Further details about the role
We will be able to offer you professional development and training along with shadowing, mentoring and coaching.
We recommend all potential applicants arrange a visit to the LLC before making an application
All applications should be made on the Trinity School application form available from the school website on https://www.trinityschooldagenham.org.uk/Vacancies-1/ CVs will not be accepted and should not be submitted. No CV’s will be accepted from agencies.
Completed applications must be sent to email@example.com
For further details please contact Human Resources on this email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3435 5958
Closing date: 12 noon on Thursday 15th June 2023
Interviews: W/C 19th June 2023
Only those applicants that are shortlisted will be notified of the interviews
Trinity School reserves the right to close the advert earlier, so please ensure you submit your fully completed application as soon as possible.
Trinity School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check will be undertaken on all applicants.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Trinity School
- School type
- Special school, ages 3 to 19
- School size
- 297 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Trinity School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Trinity is a very large special school in Barking and Dagenham and we serve the special educational needs of over 290 disabled children and young people. We are an all-through School for pupils aged 3 to 19.
Similar jobs nearby
Harris Garrard Academy
Yarnton Way, Erith, Kent, DA18 4DW
Picquets Way, Banstead, SM7 1AG
Alec Reed Academy
Bengarth Road, Northolt, Middlesex, UB5 5LQ
Heathway, Dagenham, Essex, RM10 7SJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Barking and Dagenham and Essex, Southend and Thurrock