Primary, Early years
MPS/UPS NQTs welcome to apply
Are you looking to join a forward thinking and supportive team? For the right candidate, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled and passionate practitioner to work within the EYs/KS1 phase as part of the school’s Recovery Curriculum in response to the COVID crisis. The Governing Body of Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is looking to appoint an outstanding Early Years/KS1 Teacher with QTS to establish an additional class. This means the right candidate would be challenged to accelerate the learning of a smaller than average class of children from this crucial key phase.
We are looking for
• An enthusiastic, highly motivated, energetic, creative and innovative teacher who works with pace and challenge
• A teacher with a passion for Early Years, who understands the importance of learning through play to develop the child as a whole
• A practising Catholic or someone supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school and who will commit to the wider life of the school
• A commitment to safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children
• A commitment to working in partnership with parents and other professionals
• A teacher with a passionate belief in the inclusion of all children and the ability to respond to the challenge of inclusion
• A commitment to ongoing professional development
• An individual who has the skills required for effective team and partnership work
In return we can offer
• A strong Catholic ethos (S48 – Outstanding)
• A dynamic and proven leadership team, supportive of high quality staff members
• An opportunity to be part of a supportive and collaborative staff team
• An aspirational school that is striving to be outstanding (Ofsted Good - February 2020)
• Well-motivated, well behaved and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
• A hard working and committed staff team
• Strong relationships with parents, parish and wider community
• A committed and supportive governing body
• The opportunity to work with children from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the aspirations of our amazing pupils and families
• A commitment to your continued professional development
• An opportunity to play a pivotal role in the school’s future development
Visits to the school are currently not possible due to the COVID-19 lockdown procedures, but Mr Masley (Headteacher) is happy to discuss the vacancy in greater detail beforehand. To make an appointment to speak to Mr Masley please contact the school by email or telephone.
Applications from Catholic and Non-Catholic teachers, who would support the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church, would be welcome. Appointments made are subject to a DBS checks as part of our rigorous approach to safeguarding our children in the appointments process. Apply using the CES application form uploaded to eteach or emailed directly to the Business Manager, Mr Hubbard, at email@example.com.
Closing date: Noon Friday 3rd July 2020
Shortlisting: Monday 6th July 2020
Interviews: Friday 10th July 2020
Applying for the job
Download and return the application form by email to the school office or upload to eteach:
Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic
202 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School
Sacred Heart is a Catholic school with a unique mission to provide the very best education both academically and spiritually for our strong and inclusive community. Developing children’s faith is a central part of the school’s mission. We are committed to all aspects of safeguarding for the children in our care, we expect all our staff, volunteers and visitors to promote the wellbeing of all our children.
We always have high expectations of our pupils and strive to develop every child’s unique abilities with a well rounded and purposeful curriculum that meets the needs of our children.
We believe in the importance of a close partnership between home, school and parish, and continually maintain and strengthen these as they are key to our success.
Mr Joseph Masley
Mr Tom Brannigan
Chair of Governors
The children and staff of Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School
Arranging a visit to Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School
Contact school on 0113 3368003 to arrange a telephone conversation with the Headteacher.
Eden Way, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS4 2TF