We are looking for a
KS1 teacher who:
- Can inspire and motivate young children to shine as
individuals and achieve their full potential
- Understands the primary curriculum and principles
of good early reading practice
- Has a track record of improving standards
- Is fair and constant and able to manage behaviour
to good effect
- Is innovative and able to offer high quality
- Has high expectations of themselves and others
- Is willing to contribute fully to school life and
has the drive and determination to contribute to whole school developments
- Is committed to ongoing professional development
- Has great interpersonal skills and is able to work
well as part of a team
- Has empathy and communicates well with children, colleagues,
parents and visitors
- Is not afraid to roll their sleeves up and work
- Is looking for the challenge of curriculum
leadership and an opportunity to develop middle leadership skills
Wrenthorpe Academy is a popular and successful 1.5 form entry primary school serving the
community of Wrenthorpe. The school was inspected by Ofsted in March 2020.
Inspectors praised the school’s culture for learning and ambitious drive for
high standards across the curriculum. ‘The pupils at Wrenthorpe Academy are
proud of their school. They describe how the school allows them to embrace
individuality and value differences. Teachers are ambitious for their pupils
and the school does a great deal to develop pupils’ character and prepare them
for later life.’ Ofsted March 2020.
return we can offer:
- The support and expertise of an experienced
Senior Leadership Team, active Governing Body, skilled Waterton School
Improvement Professionals and wider network of professional colleagues across
the family of schools.
- A firm commitment to your continuing professional
- A positive school community wholeheartedly
dedicated to the pupils and community they serve.
- A professional, hardworking and motivated team
of teachers and support staff committed to developing and raising standards.
- Motivated and engaged pupils who are keen to
- A cycle to work scheme.
- A well-being package.
- An excellent pension package.
Waterton Academy Trust is committed to ensuring children are supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all whilst promoting welfare and expect all staff to share this responsibility.
We follow safer recruitment processes.
An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidates and two satisfactory references. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide details of any unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered.
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and have a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We are wholly committed in ensuring that all employees and applicants are treated equally.
This job post has expired.