- Salary: M1 - M6
KS2 Class Teacher job summary
East Acton Primary School
We are looking for:
KS 2 Class teacher
1 permanent contract.
Teachers Main Pay Range + Inner London Weighting.
East Acton Primary School is a "Good" school (Ofsted March 2022). Ofsted found pupils display positive attitudes to learning and are focused and actively engaged in lessons. The curriculum is well clear, well planned and ambitious.
Here are a few quotes from our recent Inspection:
‘I can’t think of anything I like best - it is all so great.’
‘Leaders have high expectations for what pupils will learn and experience at school. Pupils are articulate, polite and respectful.’
‘Pupils study a wide range of subjects. Leaders have redesigned the school’s curriculum so that their expectations for what pupils will learn in every subject are clear to all teachers. The curriculum reflects leaders’ ambitions for their pupils.’
‘Pupils behave very positively in lessons and around the school so that learning is not interrupted. They respond to their teachers’ high expectations, engaging productively in activities.’
We are a one form entry school with a warm, close knit family community. We offer a nurturing learning community where everyone thrives.
What we offer:
• What’s the best thing about East Acton Primary? The children! Outstanding behaviour both in terms of learning behaviours and how they interact outside the classrooms.
• When Governors asked members of the school community how they would describe the school a common theme appeared, ‘East Acton Primary is an inner city school with a village school feel.’
• What makes our school unique is the calm, nurturing and supportive ethos which is immediately evident and often remarked on by those who visit.
• You will be joining a friendly, close-knit team who work with great energy, positivity and enthusiasm to help every child achieve their highest potential.
• We provide excellent opportunities for continuing professional development with a strong emphasis on work life balance including weekly PPA time and specific release time for projects.
• Opportunities to co-ordinate subject areas and shadow core subject leaders.
• We provide Mentors and a clear appraisal system aimed to develop and enrich career progression.
• Inner London Weighting.
• Access to the Cycle to work scheme - providing savings on the cost of new bikes.
• Access to the Staff benefits scheme - providing a range of savings for various sport and leisure activities.
• Childcare Voucher support.
• Transport Links - we have free onsite staff parking and are situated just off the A40. We are a 7 minute walk away from Acton Central station and 16 minutes from Acton Mainline which is soon to be serviced by London's new Elizabeth Line (Cross Rail) - connecting Reading, Slough, West Drayton and Hayes with Acton. East Acton Tube Station is a 13 minute walk away. The number 70 bus stops directly outside the school and the 207 bus can be access via a 7 minute walk through our neighbouring Acton Park.
• We occupy a pleasing mix of old and new accommodation and have excellent resources for teaching and learning.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented teachers who are dedicated to raising achievement for all within a supportive learning environment. Experience of a mastery approach to the teaching mathematics an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
We understand the difficulties of visiting a school during the current circumstances however it may be possible to arrange with this with social distancing measures in place. Please contact our School Finance Administrator, Sharlene Britton firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a school visit if you are able to. Application packs are available to download from the school website www.eastactonprimary.org.uk.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) which was formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk
Monday 23rd May (12noon)
Please email applications to email@example.com or post to the address above.
Wednesday 25th May.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About East Acton Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 217 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
East Acton is a thriving school with a close knit community feel. Over the years we have worked extremely hard to implement a rich and engaging high quality curriculum. We provide children with a wide range of opportunities to work collaboratively, be inquisitive and to develop new skills within the classroom and beyond. We value the diversity of our children, staff and parents and consider this a key strength.
We are a small and vibrant one form entry primary school in West London. Our school is welcoming, nurturing and supportive and this can be felt as soon as you arrive. Our staff are committed to improving outcomes for all children, to widening their opportunities and extending their aspirations. Expectations of behaviour, attainment and progress are high - and children rise to these expectations with support from our community of parents. We provide rich learning experiences which inspire a love of learning. Our family community of staff, parents and governors aims to ensure that all children reach their highest potential within a rich, supportive and caring environment.
What our parents say about us:
- "I like the school because it’s very multicultural and this teaches the children to be tolerant and open minded.
- I like this school because it has very high standards of education and cares for pupils.
- Very helpful staff and small. It feels like a family.
- Home away from home – the school keeps getting the parents involved and keeps finding interesting ways to help the development of the kids!
- It’s a great school. I have seen lots of schools before but this is a very good school.
- East Acton Primary is very good because the teachers teach very well and have high expectations of the children.
- Good at safeguarding children and to see that the children are happy and able to talk to any member of staff.
- Lots of activities to promote reading.
- The children learn well and are happy."
Quotes from our most recent Ofsted Inspection - February 2017:
• The school continues to be good.
• …staff and governors are committed to keeping pupils safe in a highly nurturing environment.
• Middle leaders’ hands-on approach to supporting teaching and learning, identifying issues at the earliest opportunity, enables pupils to make rapid progress…
• Pupils take great pride in their school. They talk fondly about their teachers, and they take their responsibilities seriously.
• Pupils display positive attitudes to learning. They are focused and actively engaged in lessons.
Similar jobs nearby
Primary Class Teacher
St Cuthbert's Catholic Primary School, Englefield Green
Bagshot Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0RY
Harris Primary Free School Peckham
112 Peckham Road, Peckham, SE15 5DZ
Find more school jobs in London