'Children want the same things we want. To laugh, to be challenged, to be entertained, and delighted' Dr Seuss
Plan and deliver high quality and creative lessons?
Embrace the principles of equality and inclusion?
Inspire greatness from your pupils?
If the answer is YES, then we would love for you to come and be part of our team!
We are looking for a passionate and committed teacher with experience and skill in working in KS2 to join our fantastic team as a class teacher in Key Stage 2. The successful candidate will also work in collaboration with our Phonics and Early Reading Leader to lead Reading provision and the library in school. The TLR responsibility comes with an afternoon release time per fortnight plus additional time at key points of the year for monitoring.
Topcliffe is a welcoming and highly inclusive one form entry mainstream school with two additional specialist resource base provisions to support pupils with Speech, Language and Communication needs (2 classes) and Autistic pupils (5 classes). Topcliffe is an exceptional place to teach and learn with an outdoor learning instructor, large playground area and well resourced curriculum. We are very proud of what we have to offer!
Why come and work at Topcliffe Primary School?
- Topcliffe is a friendly and welcoming school community, with the benefits of being part of a thriving family of 7 local schools as part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust
- Our HARRI values (Heathy, Aspirational, Resilient, Respectful and Independence are important to our whole school community and drive everything we do.
- We are a highly inclusive setting and strive to achieve the very best for all
- Children work hard and behave well; we encourage them to reach for their 'personal best', academically and in the way they relate to others.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- An inclusive practitioner with experience in working in Key Stage 2
- Well organised - with high expectations and a commitment to achieving the best outcomes for all children
- Innovative, creative and highly motivated
- Committed to ongoing professional development
- An excellent communicator and team player
- Knowledgeable about the teaching of reading and how to get best outcomes for children in Key Stage 2
In return, we will offer you:
- A collaborative and inclusive culture, where team members will upskill you and give you regular opportunities to learn from each other in a safe and collaborative environment, both within your schools and Trust-wide.
- An opportunity to undertake structured CPD via access to the National College online CPD platform and/or apprenticeships such as Level 7 Senior Leaders Masters, with regular twilights.
- Access to Career Pathways and Pledge to help you plan for and make your goals a reality via our Professional Growth and Performance (PPG) process.
- A wellbeing culture, with paid and unpaid time off to support life events via our Life Leave Policy, access to a Wellbeing Champion and the opportunity to participate in our annual staff wellbeing survey with Edurio, so we know and can respond to views.
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), which includes confidential counselling, access to wellbeing advice and a lifestyle app called “My Possible Self”.
- Access to a suite of supportive policies, such as Life Leave, Wellbeing, Career Break and Family Friendly.
- Access to a generous pension scheme known as the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Access to a comprehensive employee rewards package including Long Service Awards, Employee Referral Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and contribution to glasses and eye-sight tests for eligible display screen users.
- Opportunity to be part of key Trust-wide collaborative groups such as the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI working group) and Wellbeing working groups, including menopause support and neurodiversity support.
- Onsite parking at all schools.
(NB CV’s will not be accepted)
Informal chats and a visit to school are warmly welcomed
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to work at Topcliffe Academy as a Class Teacher
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment, and selection process.
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Topcliffe Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Please click here to refer to our Privacy Notice for Candidate
This job post has expired.