KS2 Classroom Teacher
Nishkam Primary School Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, West Midlands
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £20,000 to £30,000 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Responsible for: Working with colleagues and, where appropriate, managing other staff to achieve effective practice in the classroom.
Purpose of the post:
• To facilitate and encourage learning which enables pupils to achieve high standards, grow as individuals and nurture values.
• To share and support the corporate responsibility for the well-being, education and discipline of all pupils.
• To contribute to the provision of holistic education and the positive experiences which can help pupils to achieve their purpose in life, fulfil their potential and become good citizens.
• To contribute to the Religious, Spiritual, Moral, Social, Linguistic and Cultural development of children.
• To contribute to the wider activities of the School and your specific Department. Undertake reasonable work that is not specified in this job description.
Professional Values and Practice:
All staff are a part of the Nishkam Education team and are required to support the ethos, mission and values and of the Trust. You will also be expected to work closely with colleagues at other Nishkam Schools to support strategic development and share good practice, working collaboratively to ensure that the Nishkam Schools are presented in a positive perspective.
As well delivering the outcomes for teaching and learning, and raising their educational achievement, you will have high expectations of all pupils, promoting their religious, linguistic, social, cultural and emotional needs. We will also work collaboratively to meet the needs of colleagues, parents/carers, families and pupils.
Work with others and pupils with respect and consideration, and demonstrate and promote positive values and attitudes.
Work within the statutory frameworks and NST policies, participate in continuous professional development, take increasing responsibility for their own personal professional development and engage actively in the performance management process.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks:
Carrying out the duties of a class teacher as outlined in the teaching standards.
Essential educational requirements
• Possess recognised, relevant qualifications relating to the post for which they are applying or are appointed to;
• Have DfE Qualified Teacher Status;
Essential skills and experience
• Demonstrate commitment to the involvement of parents in their children’s learning;
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of assessment;
• Demonstrate an understanding of children’s development and the ability to recognize and respond to the individuality of children in their care;
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience of curriculum planning, with particular; regard to the phase being applied for/in which the employee is deployed at any time
• Demonstrate a willingness to work across the primary age range;
• Demonstrate an awareness of national trends and developments;
• Demonstrate an understanding of modern teaching techniques
• Demonstrate evidence of high expectations of pupils and staff;
• Demonstrate an understanding of working in an urban, culturally diverse school;
|School type||Free School, Multi-faith|
|School size||289 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Nishkam Primary School Wolverhampton website (opens in a new window)|
Great Brickkiln Street, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV3 0PR