This job expired on 28 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
28 April 2023 at 9am
28 March 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 27.5 hours per week
- M1 - M6
What skills and experience we're looking for
Salary Range: Mainscale M1 £28000 – M6 £38810
Required for: September 2023
Closing Date: Friday 28th April 2023 @ 10.00am
Shortlisting: Friday 28th April 2023 - PM
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd May & Wednesday 3rd May 2023
Application forms: Telephone 0161 226 3928 (8.00am to 4.00pm) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms can also be downloaded from the school website www.webster.manchester.sch.uk Click the ‘Work at Webster’ pencil.
Details of Post: 2 x KS2 Class Teachers (1 post open to ECT’s)
An opportunity has arisen within our successful and highly skilled team. We are looking for a consistently humble, resilient and enthusiastic Qualified Teachers to join our teaching staff.
- Believe that teaching is a vocation and be passionate about education in an urban setting.
- Hold a moral commitment to learning and achievement across a broad primary curriculum.
- Embrace high expectations of learning and behaviour and be committed to engaging pupils with teaching which produces accelerated pupil progress.
- Possess an unswerving belief in reflection, collaboration, teamwork and feedback.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication/people skills and unlimited good humour.
- Love English, books and school libraries!
What the school offers its staff
We can offer
- Diverse, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic pupils.
- A vibrant, forward-thinking school rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in October 2019, for the fourth inspection in a row.
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere, respectful pupils, and exemplary behaviour. (Ofsted)
- A single academy which is the only primary school in Manchester to hold the Arts Council of England Artsmark Platinum award (awarded twice), UNICEF RRSA Silver Award and the International Schools Award.
- A long-established commitment to the arts and an outward facing, rich curriculum, developed over many years, which fosters pupils’ creativity and love of learning. (Ofsted)
- Unique and embedded creative partnerships with organisations such as the Manchester Camerata orchestra, Z-Arts and the National Holocaust Centre and Museum.
- An outstanding track record of mentoring and supporting NQT’s. 60% of our current teachers are or were NQT’s here. ‘Teachers new to the profession said that the support they get from mentors and senior leaders is valuable and helps them to improve their teaching.’ (Ofsted)
- A highly collaborative staff team with a genuine commitment to peer support, CPD and career development.
- Buildings and a site which have undergone complete refurbishment to provide a modern, high-quality teaching and learning environment. This includes a new classroom block, library, Music Room and offices.
- Large, mature grounds with an all-weather pitch, eco-garden, forest school area and adventure play trails.
- Engaged, involved and ambitious parents and a supportive and diverse Governing Board.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Webster Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 498 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Webster Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Thank you for your interest in our school. We are a popular and all-inclusive school in Moss Side, Manchester. We welcome children of all races, faiths, languages and cultures and are famous for doing so. There are always over 30 languages spoken in school. We have a Resource Provision for 7 pupils with Autism and/or Speech and Language Disorder. We are currently between two and three forms of entry with over 500 pupils, and have been a single Academy converter governed by its own trust since 2013. Our last 3 Ofsted inspections, the most recent being in January 2019, have all graded us as ‘Good’ with various outstanding features; attendance, quality of teaching and learning and our curriculum. We have an outstanding track record of supporting and mentoring NQT’s and offering career progression to those who seek it. We have excellent CPD, including the IRIS camera package, and support colleagues through leadership programmes annually. Our curriculum has a rigorous focus on core skills in English and Maths to support our mobile and diverse community. We are also well known for our Arts provision and for becoming the first Manchester school (and one of only a handful nationally) to be awarded Artsmark Platinum status by the Arts Council England. Our programmes are based on genuinely embedded partnerships with a variety of organisations including the Manchester Camerata chamber orchestra and Z-Arts. We provide some unique cultural and educational experiences for our children, not least the Horrors of War project in collaboration with the National Holocaust Centre and Museum, of which we are a partner school. A carefully designed environment comprises two buildings with a bespoke Music Room, Art Room and Library as well as various group intervention spaces. We are blessed with stunning outside space including a vast field, all weather pitch, garden complete with pond, vegetable beds and chickens, an outdoor classroom and pupil designed outdoor spaces. We are within easy walking distance of the iconic Whitworth Art Gallery and Manchester Museum, and engage with both venues regularly. We may very well be biased but Webster children are the funniest, keenest to learn, kindest and loveliest bunch we know. They are simply the best to work with. The awards listed on our website are reflective of our ethos and work over a long period of time. They reflect our commitment to inclusion, to working with parents, to global education and a rich curriculum. We work closely with both local Universities, are a core partner of the Teach Manchester alliance and a founding member of the Heart of Manchester Partnership of schools in Moss Side, Hulme and Whalley Range. We are very proud of our website and social media which give a strong flavour of our vision and approach,
Similar jobs nearby
Sedgley Park Community Primary School
Kings Road, Manchester, M25 0HT
Middlewich Primary School
Park Road, Middlewich, Cheshire, CW10 9BS
St John's RC Primary School
Chepstow Road, Manchester, M21 9SN
Halsnead Primary School
Pennywood Drive, Prescot, Merseyside, L35 3TX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Greater Manchester