Full time 37 hours per week, term time only plus 3 weeks and 2 INSET days
£18,148 - £19,644
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team developing our business class service within a busy and forward-thinking educational environment.
Our Digital Media and Design Team delivers bespoke web and print based solutions designed to support our schools in Communication, Administration, Student Management and Marketing.
To be considered for the role you should have excellent communication skills, be competent in working with multiple projects and have experience working both independently and as part of a busy team.
• Have a proficient knowledge using the Adobe Creative Suite to create web/print graphics particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign.
• Possess strong layout skills with an eye for detail.
• Demonstrate a passions for design backed up by a knowledge of the design world and trends.
• Basic understanding of photography and knowledge of Photoshop/Lightroom.
• Basic understanding of Responsive Web Design.
• Excellent reading and writing skills.
• Ability to work to set deadlines and quick turnarounds.
• Good knowledge of WordPress and other content management systems.
• Knowledge of wide format printing devices.
• Competent knowledge of all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
• General administration responsibilities.
Willingness to learn and support new systems/applications as well as existing ones.
If you’ve got a passion and genuine interest for design and want to develop your skills further then we would love to hear from you.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A disclosure and barring services check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
The economic, cultural and social landscape of Barnsley is changing. Opportunities in further education, higher education and professional roles are increasing; opportunities for individuals to shape their own career pathways are growing; opportunities for individuals to challenge traditional socio-economic patterns are multiplying.
At Horizon Community College, our responsibility is to prepare students for this reality. We want young people to leave the College well qualified and with a unique skill set that will enable them to stand out from the crowd. We want young people to be in possession of a passport of qualifications and employability skills that will enable them to pursue exciting careers, attend prestigious universities, complete dynamic apprenticeships and play leading roles in regenerating this area and beyond.
Our curriculum is tailored to the needs of and meets our ambition for each individual student. This is underpinned by the College’s core values which help to prepare every student for a lifetime of success. Our Curriculum and Culture ambition:
• aims to challenge every learner, in every lesson, every day
• develops the character and skill set of all, through the belief that we are ‘Positive Role Models’
• ensures opportunities for all through our personal development and Careers and Enterprise programmes.
Successful education is also about working in close partnership with our families and the community to ensure our students succeed in each School year and are prepared for the next appropriate phase of their education. We work together to empower our students to believe that anything and everything is possible.
We heavily invest in the growth and development of our entire workforce, so they are also prepared for the next phase of their careers. We promote ‘one team’ working hard to support each other. We are focused on continued professional development for staff at every level.
We embed a curriculum and culture that results in Equity of Opportunity, Strong Community, High Expectations, Global Readiness and Kindness so that our students are School ready; Work ready; Life ready.
We are delighted that you are applying for a role at Horizon Community College, and hope that this document will inform you about how we aim to provide the very best secondary education in Barnsley and beyond.