Lead Practitioner - English
15 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
14 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 0.6 FTE
- View all Part timejobs - Less than 0.6 FTE
- LP5 - LP10 (Fringe)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an outstanding and committed practitioner to take a lead role in transforming and modelling a curriculum designed to engage and empower our students to excel. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a track record of sustained success in the delivery of English at secondary level. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to have a significant impact in shaping and refining learning both at school and Trust level.
We are seeking to recruit a Lead Practitioner in English to:
• Support the delivery of teaching and learning to ensure it continues to meet the high aspirations of our learners, providing them with the skills, knowledge and qualifications required for success in their chosen next steps
• Engage in regular training and coaching to support the development of colleagues and to enable students to achieve their full potential
• Participate in faculty and whole-school/ cross-Trust initiatives designed to ensure the highest quality of curriculum offer
As the successful applicant, you will have:
• Evidence of successful teaching outcomes at KS3 and KS4 over time
• An ability to develop and sustain successful relationships with pupils and colleagues
• Recent, relevant professional development
The successful applicant will have a teaching timetable of no more than 0.6 FTE and may be expected to work between schools as required. The role will have a key focus on curriculum design and development as well as empowering subject teachers to successfully deliver the curriculum.
What the school offers its staff
The stated objective of Unity Schools Trust is to achieve Excellence through collaboration. The Trust aims to instil a love of learning by the full engagement of all of its community- students and staff- in the process of acquiring and applying knowledge and engendering the positive habits which support future development.
We place learning at the heart of our communities and aim to improve the life chances of all children. We are committed to raising the aspirations and achievement of our children by providing continuous improvement through outstanding leadership, challenge, collaboration and support.
Our vision is to be an outstanding learning community where together we learn to know, to do, to be and to live together.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 1.08 MB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Unity Schools Trust
- Multi-academy trust
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01932 901351
Arranging a visit to Unity Schools Trust
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Head office location
Similar jobs nearby
English Teacher with KS3 Coordinator Responsibility
Ark Bolingbroke Academy
Wakehurst Road, London, SW11 6BF
Avanti House School
Wemborough Road, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 2EQ
Second in charge of English Learning Area
Mossbourne Community Academy
100 Downs Park Road, London, E5 8JY
Rivers Academy West London
Tachbrook Road, Feltham, Middlesex, TW14 9PE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed