Join us in providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences for our pupils. We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy Peckham as Lead Practitioner of Mathematics.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, be able to show evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching practice and excellent behaviour management
- Have experience of lesson observations and giving robust feedback
- Have experience of improvement planning and of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Be able to contribute to improving on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Have a proven track record of excellent results at KS3 and 4, and, ideally, experience of teaching to KS5
- Have experience of high quality pupil tracking and feedback practices
- Ideally, have experience of working with governors and of working in more than one school
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includesour Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS,a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for staff who work across the full year, and many other benefits. Learn more aboutour benefitson our website.
You will play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of the Faculty and academic success of all students, ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement and leading in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision in the subject area.
The general expectations of this role are:
- To collaborate as a member of the Lead Practitioner Team in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To account for students' performance in line with Academy procedures.
- To provide the Governing Body with relevant and accurate information relating to the Faculty's performance and development.
- To support and participate in the work of the Harris Federation, including strand or subject groups as appropriate.
- To contribute actively towards the formulation of all Academy policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
- To ensure high quality teaching and learning in the Faculty or across the Academy.
- To participate in duties at lunch, break, before, during and after school the Academy day.
- To ensure that the subject knowledge of staff in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that behaviour in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that Schemes of Learning and Independent Work books are of a high quality.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.