LEAD PRACTITIONER OF MATHS
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled, experienced and motivated practitioner, who will inspire other teachers to develop their practice. The role of the lead practitioner in maths is essential in our drive to achieve the highest standard of teaching and learning in every classroom, through individual coaching and mentoring and delivering INSET or training as required.
• Work closely with the Director of maths to drive forward teaching and learning across maths
• Be proactive, creative, adaptive and intelligent in bringing the best out of all members of the team
• Use your love of maths, along with excellent coaching and mentoring abilities, to collaboratively build a culture of academic excellence in maths, in which every child believes they can succeed
• Take up opportunities to work more widely across the school as part of the Teaching and Learning team
• Be committed to the school’s Christian values and ethos
• Be a dedicated colleague who will contribute positively to the school community
Woodchurch High School is an exciting place to work. It is a successful and oversubscribed 11 – 16 co-educational comprehensive.
We enjoy state of the art facilities, designed to engage and motivate learners. As an Academy committed to professional development, all new teaching staff will be expected to actively participate in CPD programmes.
As a Church of England Academy we have a prestigious partner in Liverpool Hope University, who also share the Governors’ vision and ambition for the school.
Further details and an application pack can be obtained from the school website. Application forms, together with a covering letter, should be returned to Mrs F Lloyd Personnel and Payroll Officer. Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not hear by 24th October 2019, you may assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of race, sex, age or disability.
Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how the school uses any personal data we hold about them. We comply with this right by providing access to ‘privacy notices’ to individuals where we are processing their personal data. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about individuals applying for jobs at our school. Please access this notice via the following link: http://www.woodchurchhigh.com/docs/Policies/PrivacyNoticeForJobApplicants.pdf
Closing Date: Thursday 17th October 2019, 9.00am
Essential educational requirements
Qualified to degree level and above
Qualified to degree level and above
Essential skills and experience
• Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
• Experience of successfully improving the teaching of others
• Experience of consistently delivering lessons that are at least consistently good for all ages and ability.
• Effective team worker and leader
• High expectations for accountability and consistency
• Vision aligned with Woodchurch High School’s high aspirations, high expectations of self and others
• Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil
• Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
• Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
About Woodchurch High School
- Carr Bridge Road, Wirral, Merseyside, CH49 7NG
- Woodchurch High School website (opens in a new window)