Lead Practitioner Science
Bishopshalt School, Uxbridge, Middlesex
|Subjects||Biology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 1 to Lead Practitioners range 10, £44,541 to £54,840|
|Leadership level||Middle Leader|
We require a specialist Science professional to join the leadership team of a successful, well established and experienced faculty.
All Science specialism will be consider as you will be required to teach Science across the key stages and your specialist subject to Key Stage 4/5. The ability to teach A Level in your specialism is essential.
Applications are welcome from professionals from both experienced candidates and those who maybe in the relative early stages of their careers but looking to progress and to broaden their experience.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree or equivalent in the relevant subject area
• Established and evidenced practice as an outstanding teacher over a prolonged period
• Evidence of a commitment to own professional development
Teaching & Learning
• Outstanding classroom practitioner
• Proven ability to raise standards in classrooms
• Experience of leading teaching and learning initiatives beyond their own classroom
• Excellent understanding of the components which comprise outstanding teaching and learning
• Experience of giving effective feedback to colleagues about professional performance
• Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues
• Experience of conducting lesson observations
• Use of assessment and attainment information to improve practice and raise standards
• Use of strategies to promote good learning relationships and high attainment in an inclusive environment
• Vision for the developments of Teaching and Learning
• Strategies to enhance teaching and learning
• Use of intervention strategies to address identified issues for development
• Awareness of the latest developments and initiatives in education
Skills and Experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• The ability to lead and foster positive professional relationships and work effectively with teaching staff of varying experience
• Developing high quality learning strategies and monitoring learner progress to raise attainment
• Evidence of high achievement in teaching across the Key Stages
• Working effectively as a middle manager or currently leading a key responsibility/development within a team
• Working effectively as a personal tutor
• Experience of contribution to the professional development/mentoring of colleagues
• Effective use of Assessment to engage learners as partners in their learning
• Ability to establish curriculum development, assessment, coordination and coaching
• Ability to plan and resource effective interventions to meet curricular objectives
• Development of partnerships with other schools, business and the community
This post will be remunerated on the Leadership Scale. The starting point will be based on your current salary and there is a five point range.
Support for New Staff
i. A strong, well-established department led by a highly qualified and experienced Head of Department.
ii. Full induction programme led by a member of the Senior Leadership team.
iii. Two week half term break in the Autumn term.
|School size||1297 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Bishopshalt School website (opens in a new window)|
About Bishopshalt School
Bishopshalt is an 11-18 comprehensive school with around 1303 pupils including a Sixth Form of 390+. It ws formally an Arts College, specialising in music and the performing arts. The School therefore has an excellent reputation and is over-subscribed with in excess of 1300 applications each year for the 186 places in Year 7 and a long waiting list in each year group. In addition, each year many local 16 year olds transfer to Bishopshalt for their Advanced Level studies and local firms are keen to employ our school leavers. In December 2016, we were inspected by Ofsted and maintained the judgement given to us in February 2012, when they reported that we are a ‘Good’ school in all categories.
Royal Lane, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3RF