Lead Teacher of Science
This job expired on 4 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
23 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, permanent contract
- QTS Pay Scale plus TLR plus inner London Weighting
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a teacher who has:
- A genuine passion for teaching Science (ideally Chemistry to KS5)
- The ability to lead a motivated and dedicated team.
- The ability to develop and constantly modify exceptional practice in-line with a continually changing climate.
- The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
- A desire to further raise overall achievement and success of Science within the school.
- The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
What the school offers its staff
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys we can offer you:
- Opportunities to contribute ideas and develop initiatives that improve the school
- Outstanding staff: professional, supportive and committed
- Opportunities for career progression
- Excellent professional development
- The opportunity to play your part to help provide a rewarding environment where students and staff feel valued and supported and everyone feels part of the ‘Poly Family’
- A contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
- Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
- An employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loans
- Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
- Excellent catering facilities with complimentary daily coffee for staff
- Secure on-site parking
- A focus on wellbeing with a dedicated wellbeing committee to liaise with SLT
Further details about the role
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Lead Teacher of Science with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching. An individual that will lead and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues. We encourage applications from teachers who excel in dynamic and fast-paced environments, who feel they can bring innovation to an already effective department. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Woolwich Polytechnic School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1562 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Woolwich Polytechnic School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
PolyMAT is a small and ambitious MAT with a unique family feel. Our vision is ‘Success for Everyone’ which places inclusion and well-being at its heart. We currently have two schools in our Trust: Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a long-successful boys’ school, and Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls that opened in 2019 and will comprise Years 7 – 11 from September 2023. We also have our flourishing Sixth Form provision which is co-educational. Our Trust and our schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards delivered through our Values of Care and Unity. We provide a rewarding environment where students and staff feel valued and supported and everyone feels part of the larger family as our schools and departments work very closely together and are located next to each other. Working for PolyMAT may present the unique opportunity for staff to teach across both schools and for candidates to join our recruitment pool for further openings.
Arranging a visit to Woolwich Polytechnic School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Park Academy West London
Park View Road, Hillingdon, Middlesex, UB8 3GA
Science Teacher (with TLR available)
Kemnal Technology College
Sevenoaks Way, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 5AA
Science Teacher / Lead Practitioner Opportunities available
Manor Barn Farm, Medway
Norbury High School for Girls
Kensington Avenue, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8BT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London