Learning Leader for Business
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
3 March 2023
- Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Business studiesjobs, View all Design and technologyjobs, View all Economicsjobs, View all ICTjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- (MPS) M1 28,000 to M9 £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Excellent teaching skills
- Business Studies specialism
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Have a knowledge of teaching A Level Business Studies
- Have a knowledge of teaching Computing to KS4
- Have a knowledge of teaching A Level Economics
- Have some experience of developing programmes of study
- Have a desire to lead, manage others and take the lead on CPD
- Have a desire to make a difference and a commitment to safeguarding
What the school offers its staff
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment procedures for all vacancies.
Further details about the role
Sponne is an outstanding community comprehensive school with some 1490 students aged 11-18 on roll with 170 staff. The school is part of Tove Learning Trust, comprising of thirteen schools and also has a training school and the Grand Union Training Partnership on site.
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Leader to take the lead on Business within our excellent Business and Innovation faculty with effect from September 2023.
This is an essential post within the faculty and we are seeking someone with the leadership qualities necessary to further build and develop the subject. Additionally, the person appointed will be an excellent teacher and understand what constitutes effective teaching and learning.
The faculty provides for Business, Design and ICT. All aspects are very popular with large numbers opting for Business courses at KS4 (GCSE and BTEC) and in the Sixth Form where Economics is also delivered at A Level. Each classroom in the faculty is fully equipped with good IT facilities teachers are supplied with a laptop.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Business department, visits are warmly welcomed.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status
- Have excellent teaching skills
- Business Studies specialism
- Meet the person specification and will be required to apply for DBS clearance.
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Sponne School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1446 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Sponne School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Sponne is an outstanding, over subscribed community comprehensive school with 1418 students aged 11-18 on roll and specialist status for Science and Music. Outcomes are very high with 78% students gaining grades 9-4 in both English and Mathematics ate GCSE. Sponne is the lead School in the Swan Teaching Alliance which provides initial Teacher Training, CPD to partner schools and school to school support throughout South Northamptonshire.
Arranging a visit to Sponne School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Malcolm Arnold Academy
Trinity Avenue, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN2 6JW
The Hazeley Academy
Emperor Drive, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK8 0PT
Rugby Free Secondary School
Anderson Avenue, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PE
Lord Grey Academy
Rickley Lane, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK3 6EW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Northamptonshire and Northampton