This job expired on 30 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
30 May 2023 at 12pm (midday)
10 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - The role of a Learning Manager is 37 hours per week based on 38 working weeks per year
Full-time equivalent salary
- £24,287.00 FTE (Pro rata for 38 week working)
What skills and experience we're looking for
• GCSE Grade C/4 or above, or equivalent, in English and Maths (C)
• Recognised and relevant vocational qualification (NVQ level 4) and/or equivalent practical work experience (A/I/C)
• Willingness and ability to obtain and/or enhance qualifications and training for development in the post. (A/I)
• Child protection training (C)
• Experience of working in a school environment (A/I)
• Experience of issues affecting students and young people and how to offer supportive assistance (A/I)
• Organising and adapting to change (A/I) • Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) (A/I)
• Good organisational and personal management skills (A/I)
• Effective behaviour management skills (A/I)
• Able to work independently and be a team player. (A/I/R)
• Able to respect and maintain confidentiality (A/I/R)
• Effective time management (A/I)
• Working knowledge of standard computer packages (word processing, email, and spreadsheets) (A/I)
• Ability to work with students and have a real interest in the issues faced by this age group (A/I)
• Emergency First Aid or First Aid at Work qualification (C)
What the school offers its staff
As a new member of staff, you will be well supported in a school where training & development of staff is of a high quality and takes place throughout the academic year as we see professional learning as a major strategic priority.
Ingleby Manor Free School and Sixth Form is a vibrant centre of learning and a hub of activity for the whole of the Ingleby Barwick community. We promote and provide excellence in teaching, learning and relationships by setting high standards of behaviour, inclusion and engagement and instilling high personal and collective aspirations. We develop lively and inquisitive minds and always engage and communicate with parents, extended families, and the wider community. Our students leave their time with us as successful learners, confident individuals, and responsible citizens, ready to grasp every opportunity available to them in their future careers and wider lives.
Ingleby Manor is a fantastic place to work. In our November 2022 Ofsted inspection, behaviour and attitudes, personal development and leadership and management were all judged 'outstanding'. We are a school with a strong sense of community, with a welcoming staff and a desire to be the best we can be.
Further details about the role
We are proud to be part of the Delta Academies Trust which provides us with a broad range of support, opportunities for collaboration and a wealth of educational resources.
As a new member of staff, you will be well supported in a school. Our training & development of staff is a strategic priority, our CPD is high quality and takes place throughout the academic year supported by colleagues within the school and the wider trust.
As a trust, and school we are also committed to colleagues achieving work life balance. Being part of the trust provides a range of mechanisms to support this, Ingleby Manor Free School also benefits from a shorter working day every Friday and three extra weeks annual holiday per year.
We offer an extensive range of opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
- Contributory pension scheme with the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Minimum entitlement of 34 days holiday (subject to pro rata if working part-time and dependent upon salary and continuous service) including statutory Bank Holidays
- Access to the Delta benefits website with discounts on retailers, holidays, days out, etc
- Access to Cycle to Work scheme, car leasing and technology scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ingleby Manor Free School & Sixth Form
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 619 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Ingleby Manor Free School and Sixth Form aims to be a vibrant centre of learning and a hub of activity for the whole of the Ingleby Barwick community. It came into being through the government's Free School programme. The founding resident and community group behind the school is called Ingleby Manor Foundation Trust (IMFT), whilst our education partner is Delta Academies Trust. Our school will foster learning communities and promote and provide excellence in teaching, learning and relationships by setting high standards of behaviour, inclusion and engagement, instilling high personal and collective aspirations. We will develop lively and inquisitive minds and always engage and communicate with parents, extended families and the wider community. Our students will leave their time with us as successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens, ready to grasp every opportunity available to them in their future careers and wider lives. Backed by an education partner (Delta Academies Trust) with wide experience and strong resources, students attending Ingleby Manor Free School will be taught in smaller than usual classes and will expect to receive high quality, innovative, teaching in an enriched curriculum offer. Our longer school day means we have the chance to offer a wider range of activities and we will be offering students the chance to pursue their own strengths and interests from an early age.
Arranging a visit to Ingleby Manor Free School & Sixth Form
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Subject Lead - Creative Industries
St Hild's Church of England School
King Oswy Drive, Hartlepool, TS24 9PB
Eggleston View, Darlington, County Durham, DL3 9SH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Stockton On Tees and Redcar and Cleveland