Stephenson Academy provides education for students both male and female aged between 9 and 16 years. We are the local SEN provision for students with social emotional and mental health needs (SEMH). We pride ourselves on delivering a high quality curriculum, truly individualised to meet the needs of our students, ensuring successful outcomes for all.
We are creating a purpose built environment with excellent facilities. This is an opportunity to make a real mark on our new development and to be part of a team who will work alongside our well established secondary staff group. This is an exciting time to be joining our Academy where you will be part of a wide, multidisciplinary team from all walks of life who are passionate in supporting our young people.
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and positive working environment where the wellbeing of both students and staff is a top priority
• High quality professional development and support including bespoke CPD
• An experienced and welcoming senior leadership team.
• An energetic and forward thinking staff team.
• Enthusiastic students who enjoy active learning as part of small classes (6:2)
• The opportunity to be truly creative, not prescriptive in your practise
• Progression opportunities across the Trust
• Free access to holistic treatments as part of our wellbeing policy including therapeutic support
Stephenson (MK) Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust or working on its behalf. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate is required prior to commencement of this post.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps