We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, driven Learning Support Assistant to become part of our team, ensuring outstandinglearning experiences for all our children.
The role involves working in partnership with class teachers to assist the learning of all pupils in line with the National Curriculum, Special Educational Needs Code of Practice and school policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with the class teacher and will also work with children on both a one-to-one basis and in small groups. This support will include developing the children's learning, communication and interaction skills, and play skills, as well as supporting their social, emotional, physical and self-care needs.
The appointed candidate will possess effective verbal and written communication skills; they will have a positive nature, demonstrating both patience and resilience. The high expectations they have of themselves, and others, should enable them to motivate children to be successful; they also need to be self-motivated and able to use their own initiative whilst being able to work as part of a team.
Previous experience of working with children in a school setting is essential.
You will be expected to:
- Establish a good relationship with the child/children; identify and respond to individual needs using agreed systems and strategies
- Keep children safe in a range of environments, including the playground and lunch hall
- Work in partnership with the class teacher with clear communication about the role and the impact of your work on the learning.
- Be proactive in finding learning approaches that work and have the flexibility to change what does not work, feeding back to the Class Teacher and Inclusion Leader as required
- Liaise with parent/carers and external professionals
- Contribute to reviews and meetings
- Local Government Pension Scheme membership
- A staff benefit scheme providing discounts on everything from food shopping to insurances and holidays, as well as 24/7 access to health care professionals and online wellbeing advice.
- Our values driven approach and the opportunity to work in a supportive, collaborative and friendly environment.
You can find out more about our Trust and our schools atwww.lihtrust.uk
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps