Learning Support Assistant
Deadline is today
Start date details
April / May 2023
26 March 2023 at 11:59pm
13 March 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 32 hour per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time plus 5 INSET days)
- £15,384 - £18,169 for hours and weeks stated
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will be required to work with students across the Academy to ensure that students’ needs do not become a barrier to learning and making progress. You will be required to understand individual students’ needs and work with subject teachers so that they can develop learning programmes appropriate to the needs of those students. Support will encompass both in class and through targeted interventions, which may also involve small group work.
What you will need to succeed:
- Good general standard of education, especially with regards to numeracy, literacy and ICT skills.
- Ability to apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
- Understanding of relevant policies, codes of practice, legislation.
- Must be able to use own initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
- A willingness to undertake any training and development related to the role
- Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- Ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community.
What the school offers its staff
What we can offer you:
- A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
- Generous employer contribution to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Goodwin Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 857 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Goodwin Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging key stage 3-5 mixed academy based in the heart of Deal. At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ We pride ourselves on our caring and compassionate ethos, which enables our students to grow in a supportive atmosphere conductive to their development. Where students need additional support, we will look to meet their needs through our highly effective pastoral system. The school has a thriving extra-curricular programme with many opportunities for students to grow their talents. In the sporting arena, the school has a wide range of very successful teams and have regular student productions, dance shows and exhibitions. Ultimately, we aspire for our students to develop their academic and life skills, so that they become confident, well-rounded and contented individuals and are equipped and ready to be successful for the world of work and the challenges of the 21st Century.
Arranging a visit to Goodwin Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Hamilton Road, Deal, CT14 9BD
The Harvey Grammar School
Cheriton Road, Folkestone, Kent, CT19 5JY
Welfare, Medical & Inclusion Officer
Olantigh Road, Wye, Kent, TN25 5EJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed