LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £13,149 to £13,680 Actual Salary (FTE £18,887 to £19,650)
Hours: 30 hours per week (39 Weeks per year)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 9.00am 30 September 2023
Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
This is a Temporary to cover Maternity Leave until 4 June 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at St Francis Catholic Primary School. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible, and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. You will be flexible, reliable and positive and be a good communicator working with parents, teachers and professionals for the good of the child. You must be enthusiastic and creative, be able to inspire pupils to achieve and be an outstanding team player that is willing to undertake necessary training and be able to show initiative, but also be able to seek or listen to advice.
- Working with class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Accompanying groups on trips
- Supporting assessment and evidence learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Pension Scheme, Nationally agreed Terms and Conditions, Medicash and Electric Car Scheme
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at Level 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Previous childcare experience
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to positively relate to children and adults
- The ability to use the relevant technology/equipment
- A can-do attitude
- A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem, and progress of everyone at the school
To apply for the position, please complete the online application form available on our websitehttps://www.aquinas-cmat.org/vacancies/. Closing Date for applications is0900am 30 September 2022. Interviews date to be confirmed. Visits to the school are welcome and you can arrange to visit by telephoning the school office on 01664 562 891.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check.
This job post has expired.