We are looking to appoint an
outstanding Learning Support Mentor at CHES Academy. The successful candidate will embody the
Trust values; someone who has diverse experience, as well as a passion for
working with young people .
- Do you work well as a part of a team?
- Are you passionate about supporting children to access
- Do you build good relationships with young people?
- Do you enjoy working in a busy, varied
environment where no two days are the same?
- To be the first response person for everyday pupil
- To help with general pupil supervision duties,
including making lunch and break/lunchtimes and before school.
- To provide support and intervention to promote pupil
- Supporting pupil’s emotional and medical needs
- To develop relationships with parents/carers to
support pupils in accessing learning
- To support the team with the everyday running of
We are seeking a supportive and
inspiring person to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer
Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory
enhanced DBS check and online check.
To apply please use our application
form available on our website.
For any general questions contact
or email us at email@example.com
Work with Wave: What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplaces
Wave Trust: What we believe and what we do
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust,
comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies
(including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent
mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) and a Special Academy.
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19
across Devon, Cornwall and we are expanding to Somerset with our special free
school. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding
pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate
education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further
education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that
promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of
pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and
experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide
opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific
learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop
positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional
well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and
work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to
become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence,
self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working
relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Evidence shows that the values we embody empower young
people to succeed; these are the values we are looking for when we recruit new
staff or work with new stakeholders.
We value positivity, no
matter what the circumstances. It is our intention to stay constructive,
optimistic and confident both for and with our young people and their families.
We are kind, we have empathy.
We consider the consequences of our decisions, large and small on those around
We conduct ourselves in ways that earn the trust of those around
us. We respect each other and those
we work with.
AS ONE TEAM
We depend on teamwork
and the relationships we have. When we work together we are stronger. Together
we will achieve more.
Everybody is treated fairly and equally; no-one is marginalised or
left behind. We are inclusive, we
embrace the human spirit. We value diversity of people and thought.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. An online check may be carried out.
This job post has expired.