Key Duties & Accountabilities:
- To contribute to the delivery and adaptation of
the curriculum for students with Special Educational, Physical, Emotional,
Social and Developmental needs.
- To implement the agreed targets for students and
meeting the needs of students with SEND and with Education, Health and
- To contribute to the creating of a
differentiated, stimulating, safe environment, through classroom
organisation and by raising aspirations and achievement levels.
- To contribute to the assessment of students,
particularly for those in your particular group/class through
observations, records and discussions with other Learning Support
Practitioners, Teachers, Inclusion Managers and the SENCO.
- To support the maintenance of positive links
between home and school.
- To maintain a safe environment for children,
staff and visitors as far as it is possible and practicable and assist
with integration arrangements as appropriate.
- To liaise with outside agencies as directed, e.g.
Welfare Officers, Psychologists, and Social Care.
- To support the teacher in managing the behaviour
of the students.
perform effectively in the role and to ensure that the employee safeguards and
promotes the welfare of children and young
- This post is for one to one or for group support.
Personal competencies and qualities
ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries
with children and young people.
ability to work in a team environment and under pressure.
good sense of humour.
- A perceptive understanding of young people and
their needs and expectations.
Our values are important to us and
guide the work we do:
- Ambition: Our Academies aim to unlock the
potential for all learners to achieve their dreams, hopes and aspirations.
- Cooperation: We value working together in
teams, supporting each other, and sharing expertise and accountability to
- Commitment: Our Academies are a family of
Academies with a common bond, dedicated to the communities that they serve.
- Creativity: We encourage innovation and the
use of imagination and original ideas in all our Academies.
- Leadership: We believe in listening to,
inspiring and empowering our learning communities so that they can achieve
their true potential.
- Respect: We value all people and
organisations abilities, qualities and achievements, and operate using the
principles of equality, equity and solidarity.
The Trust is on a journey from Good
to Great. Through cooperation and collaboration, we develop sustainable
partnerships that will provide a legacy for tomorrow’s generation. This enables
our member Academies to become greater than the sum total of their parts.
This job post has expired.