- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Key stages
- KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time, term time
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £19188 - £19938 - paid pro rata
- Actual salary
- Actual starting salary £14371.23
LEARNING SUPPORT PRACTITIONER
JUPITER PRIMARY SCHOOL
Working 32.5 hours per week 8.30am – 3.30pm (1/2 hour break) term time plus INSET days
Pay Range H2 £18,562 plus £626 Fringe Allowance - £19,188 FTE
Actual starting salary inc fringe £14,371.23
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking a Learning Support Practitioner to work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing general and specific assistance to pupils and staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher.
• Working with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff and provide feedback to the teacher
• Supporting pupils to understand instructions support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils
• Supporting the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task
• Supporting pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
• Preparing and clearing up the learning environment and resources, including photocopying, filing and the display and presentation of pupils work and contribute to maintaining a safe environment
We would like you to have:
• GCSE Passes in Maths and English (A-C)
• Basic knowledge of ICT
• Awareness of Health, wellbeing and safety
• Awareness of keeping children safe
• Awareness of Data protection and confidentiality
• Understanding of the Schools ethos and values
• Basic knowledge of First Aid
• Strong Communication skills (written and verbal)
• Problem solving skills
• Motivations and a strong team player
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
• To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
• The vacancy closes on Friday 3rd December 2021 at 9.00am, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
• Interview date: ASAP thereafter
• If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.jupitercfs.org.uk. / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Jupiter Drive, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 5NT
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 392 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Jupiter Primary School
Jupiter opened in September 2012 as one of three Free Schools in the West Herts Schools Trust. This year, we were delighted to become part of the Danes Educational Trust. Being part of a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) offer many benefits, including the opportunity to work with similar schools, sharing expertise and resources.
Our vision is that Jupiter will become a primary school of excellence, where every child is both challenged and supported to achieve their potential. We believe every child should be inspired by a rich and varied curriculum which focuses on establishing the highest standard of core skills, whilst developing independent and flexible learners.
We are a well -resourced two-form entry primary school situated in the heart of Hemel Hempstead with excellent transport links into / from London, we are also close to the M25. You can visit our school website on www.jupitercfs.org.uk for further information about the school.
We have high expectations for our pupils and want to ensure that we provide the best possible education so that our pupils achieve academically and have the best possible start to their secondary school education.
The governors and myself are committed to the well-being and continuing professional development of all members of staff. This role would provide an excellent opportunity for an outstanding and ambitious person. DET has a track record of excellent pupil attainment and achievement and offers exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and School. To find out more please visit the Trust website www.daneseductationaltrust.org.uk
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they share our values and are highly motivated to work with colleagues within school to support the learning of our pupils. If this is you then we would be delighted to receive your application.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this position in more detail with me prior to applying, then please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager at: email@example.com and we will arrange to contact you.
Arranging a visit to Jupiter Primary School
Please contact Dawn Gamble - firstname.lastname@example.org