Our Learning Support Practitioners enable inclusion and support independent learning by working with individuals or small groups of pupils, allowing them to continue to access mainstream education. In addition, they provide classroom support to teachers by, for example, assisting the preparation of teaching and learning materials.
Previous experience is not required, though it would be advantageous.
What you'll get up to:
The role of Learning Support Practitioner is varied and exciting. It includes:
- Supporting students in a classroom setting, in collaboration with subject teachers,
- Working with individual pupils with special educational needs, or for whom English is not their first language,
- Providing feedback to pupils in relation to their progress,
- Arranging resources for lessons, under the guidance of teaching staff,
- Assisting in break time supervision,
- Supporting pupils emotional, social and physical well-being,
- Other duties as outlined in the full job description,
- Other ad-hoc duties which may arise from time to time.
What we're looking for:
- A team player who is enthusiastic and versatile,
- With the ability to build rapport and relationships with students (aged 11-16),
- The ability to problem solve, interpret information or situations and make good decisions,
- A C/4, NVQ level 2 or equivalent experience,
- Computer literacy; strong IT and keyboard skills,
- The ability to understand and comply with the academies policies and procedures, particularly in relation to health and safety and child protection,
- A clear DBS check (provided by the Academy prior to commencing employment).
Other important information
The post holder may be required to stand for long periods of time or work in awkward positions (e.g. low chairs). There may be some outdoor working in adverse weather and exposure to noisy environments.
About Ormiston Horizon Academy
An ambitious school at the heart of our community.
At OHA, our students, staff, families and governors work together to ensure we provide a first-class education for all of our learners. Our vision is simple and all of our stakeholders work tirelessly to achieve it: At OHA, we provide an inspirational and ambitious learning journey to enable all our students to achieve beyond their Horizons…
Working at Ormiston Horizon Academy provides you with opportunities to shape the lives of really amazing young people, all the while progressing your own career and gaining job satisfaction.
This job post has expired.